Common "Mammogram" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


An x-ray of the breast taken to detect and diagnose breast cancer is called mammogram. It is recommended that women over 40 years should get a mammogram done ones in 2 years. This test is ordered when the doctor feels a lump or detects any other sign of breast cancer.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My mother has triple-positive breast cancer. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother received a diagnosis of triple-positive breast cancer approximately one week ago. At the time of diagnosis, the tumor measured just under 0.79 inches (2 cm) with no suspected spread, and the axilla appeared normal on both ultrasound and mammogram scans. We are awaiting inform...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. From the information provided, it appears to be a localized cancer. However, further investigations are needed for confirmation. A PET CT ( Positron emission tomography-computed tomography) scan is recommended to assess...  Read Full »

I require advice on mammography and biopsies. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I want to talk about the results of the tests I had done on my breast tumor. Mammography and the biopsy are completed. Need good advice to comprehend the report and potential treatment options. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. The reports show that the cancer has returned. Now, do a scan to check for any metastatic lesion, and then treatment will be initiated. The surgery option will depend on the Positron emission tomography, also called P...  Read Full »

How to confirm if my relative has breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my relatives is doubtful if she has breast cancer. She wants to confirm the diagnosis. What should be our next steps to do so? Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. I would suggest for a mammogram of both breasts followed by a biopsy of the breast lesion. The pathology report of the biopsy will clear all the doubts. The major risk factors for developing breast cancer includ...  Read Full »

What are the small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Nothing to worry about. Multiple small clustered lesions are benign (non-cancerous) cystic lesions. But you should do a baseline bilateral mammogram screening also (if not done early) and enroll in a breast screening clinic and a follow up every six monthly or yearly as...  Read Full »

What is the confirmatory test done to detect breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has a lump on her breast. She underwent a biopsy. In the biopsy report, it came as benign. Another test showed that she has stage 3 breast cancer (she has no symptoms) and the doctor advised us for a mastectomy. The doctor recommended us to do some tests such as blood count, br...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. The only way to confirm breast cancer is through a tissue biopsy. It is better to repeat a biopsy. There are other investigations like a mammogram, CT Scan and tumor markers, which can help to detect breast cancer.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.