Q. I missed my 11th day pill of Diane 35. When should I take it?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Dec 02, 2019

I am taking Diane 35 (21 pack) tablets, I missed yesterday's pill (11th day). Today I have realized, now I have taken my regular pill. Please let me know shall I take yesterday's pill today?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

The following are the standard protocol with Diane 35. If you miss a dose of Diane 35 and are more than 12 hours late in taking a tablet, follow these guidelines to help you decide what to do.

Week 1: Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking two tablets in one day. Contraceptive protection may be reduced and you are at risk of becoming pregnant unless you take other contraceptive precautions for the next seven days.

Week 2: Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking two tablets in one day. You are not at risk of becoming pregnant and do not need to take extra contraceptive precautions.

Week 3: Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking two tablets in one day. Take the remaining tablets then begin the next pack immediately without a break. You may not have a withdrawal bleed but you are still protected against pregnancy.

Now do please check, which week of your cycle you are in and take accordingly. Do revert back for further queries.

I am confused by your answer. Actually I am 24 hours late and I have taken today's pill at regular time, what about yesterday's pill?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

You are in the second week (day 11). So, follow week 2 instructions. Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking 2 tablets in one day. You are not at risk of becoming pregnant and do not need to take extra contraceptive precautions. Take the tablets of yesterday and today now. Do revert back for any further queries.

Thank you for your help.

Dr. Uphar Gupta

Can I start Unwanted 21 after my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I start Unwanted 21 after my periods? Four days back was my last day of period. My period cycle is usually for five to six days. Please suggest as I want to start my oral contraceptive.  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »

Does a contraceptive pill affect periods?

Query: Hi doctor, Are contraceptive pills safe to take? Does it affect periods? Does taking contraceptive pills completely reduce the chances of pregnancy or is there still some chance? Is it completely safe to take it even if having intercourse very occasionally? Or is there some other better way to avo...  Read Full »