Q. I missed my 11th day pill of Diane 35. When should I take it?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am taking Diane 35 (21 pack) tablets, I missed yesterday's pill (11th day). Today I have realized, now I have taken my regular pill. Please let me know shall I take yesterday's pill today?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

The following are the standard protocol with Diane 35. If you miss a dose of Diane 35 and are more than 12 hours late in taking a tablet, follow these guidelines to help you decide what to do.

Week 1: Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking two tablets in one day. Contraceptive protection may be reduced and you are at risk of becoming pregnant unless you take other contraceptive precautions for the next seven days.

Week 2: Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking two tablets in one day. You are not at risk of becoming pregnant and do not need to take extra contraceptive precautions.

Week 3: Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking two tablets in one day. Take the remaining tablets then begin the next pack immediately without a break. You may not have a withdrawal bleed but you are still protected against pregnancy.

Now do please check, which week of your cycle you are in and take accordingly. Do revert back for further queries.

| 

I am confused by your answer. Actually I am 24 hours late and I have taken today's pill at regular time, what about yesterday's pill?

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

You are in the second week (day 11). So, follow week 2 instructions. Take the last tablet as soon as you remember and take the next one at your normal time, which may mean taking 2 tablets in one day. You are not at risk of becoming pregnant and do not need to take extra contraceptive precautions. Take the tablets of yesterday and today now. Do revert back for any further queries.

| 

Thank you for your help.

Dr. Uphar Gupta

#

You are welcome. Keep in touch for further doubts.

|