Management For Wheezing

Even after taking inhalers, why do I continue to wheeze?

Query: Hi doctor, I have taken Albuterol and Advair twice a day for about a month now without any relief of my wheezing. Even right after I take my inhalers, it is like I took nothing. Allergy pills do not seem to help much either, like Claritin or Zyrtec. They even did an x-ray of my chest and said everyt...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma, as you would be knowing, forms a part of airway hyper-reactive disorders. The latter is a spectrum of diseases genetically determined. Your attack of asthma seems to be severe now. I want to know the dosage and frequency of the medicines you are using for asthm...  Read Full »

I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having wheezing. Can I take Asthalin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give a detailed history. Do you have asthma since childhood? Do you get breathing difficulty only when you get cold or have an allergy towards certain things? Asthalin (Salbutamol) syrup is recommended for all types of wheezing. You can take up to 10 ml (2 lids...  Read Full »

How can I control wheezing and shortness of breath while having cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wheezing problem and breathing shortness when I suffer from cold. I noticed I have dust allergy also. Day by day my problem is increasing. Now I have to take Levolin inhaler three times in a day. Is there any measure to control my problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The whole problem can be attributed to dust allergy and bronchospasm due to cold. I would suggest the continuation of inhaler therapy for at least three months, a patch test to seek out the allergen, and dust free surroundings, (dust can harbor mites which are known to ...  Read Full »

I have a wheezing problem. Kindly suggest a quick remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wheezing problem. It is like asthma. Can I have a quick remedy as I am in office?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The presence of wheezing suggestive of bronchoconstriction induced by asthma or bronchitis. For immediate relief, you can take Salbutamol inhaler two puffs readily. If nebulizer is available then Levosalbutamol and Budesonide Respule can be taken through nebulization. Y...  Read Full »

When compared to night shift, how is working in daytime better?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I am overweight. For past 10 days, I feel tiresome. I am taking tablet Nurokind-LC 1-0-0 and capsule Adliv Forte 1-0-1 for the past four days. Now, I am feeling better but not 100%. I suspect UTI, but not tested yet. I have asthma from childhood. Initially, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. God created us in manner that we should work for 8 hours, rest for 8 hours and sleep for 8 hours. When we change this pattern it may lead to many diseases like migraine, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc. Why you are not getting sleep on time? Are you doing night duti...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

My 3.3 year old son has allergic rhinitis. Can I use Budecord inhaler?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3.3 years old. Last year, he had three episodes of allergic rhinitis and one episode of allergic conjunctivitis. This year, our pediatrician asked us to get an allergy test done, and he put my son on Momeflo, Nukast 4, and Levolin inhaler. We found out that he is allergic to...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma can sometimes present as cough and allergic reactions in the skin. This is called atopy. You are doing right by avoiding the potential allergens. There are two types of treatment in asthma, and one is steroid and other is a beta-agonist. It depends on the severity ...  Read Full »

70 year old has cough accompanied by wheezing. Is it advisable to try Asthalin?

Query: Hello doctor, My father (aged 70) is suffering from coughing and light fever (varying between 99 to 101) for the past 10 days now. Medical tests (attached) do not seem to reveal anything, and the prescribed medicines (see below) do not improve things. Coughing is now also accompanied by wheezing so...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears to be bronchitis, likely viral. Has his fever settled now or still continuing? Wheezing and coughing may continue for some more days up to one to three weeks. Yes, he can an...  Read Full »

Why does my 2 year old breathe as if he ran a marathon?

Query: Hello doctor,My 2 year old breathes as if he ran a marathon, coughs a lot and I hear a wheezing sound.  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your 2 year old has breathing difficulty with infection, usually it represents pneumonia. I would like to know in detail: Since how long?Any history of fever?Past similar history?What investigations were done?A family history of asthma or allergy? May I suggest: ...  Read Full »

My 9 year old son has wheezing problem. Suggest treatment

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 9 year old and developed the problem of wheezing when he was 3 years old. My father is asthmatic and I had wheezing when I was a kid (2-3 years of age). We were residing in an area where the industrial pollution is very high and he used to get wheezing more frequently the...  Read Full »

Dr. Parin Niranjanbhai Parmar

Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I am replying to your main 3 questions as follows:1. Routine management of wheezing: In my opinion, inhaled levosalbutamol (Levolin) is good for asthmatic wheezing. You can give it by nebulization or by inhalers (MDI - Metered Dose Inhaler) with spacer a...  Read Full »