Q. How to remove acne black spots?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 07, 2020

I am a 27 year old male. My skin complexion is close to dark and I have been suffering with acne black spots on my face. I tried few creams, but I am not able to get rid of these black spots. I also used lemon juice to cure my black spot, but there is no improvement. Please suggest me something to get rid of these acne marks.

#

• I would suggest you to apply Melalite XL cream (Tretinoin) on the black spots at night in minute amounts. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  • Continue this for three weeks and revert back.

Revert back after three weeks to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have used Melalite XL cream for three weeks, but I did not get any satisfactory result. It works only for 5 to 10 % and not more. I still have acne spots on my cheeks. Please give some suggestion.

#

• I would recommend you to upload the photographs of your face; so that I can have a look at the acne marks you are referring to and can guide you accordingly.
  • Moreover three weeks is too less time for the complete disappearance of marks. They will take time to resolve.
  • I just wanted to see whether the medicine has started its action. So, I have asked you for a follow up after three weeks.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Please find the photographs of my face that I have attached. I guess my acne marks are getting red now.

#

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• I would suggest you to take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three consecutive days in a week and apply Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples.
  • On the marks use Kojivit plus cream (Kojic acid) twice daily. Continue this for six weeks and revert. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You will notice improvement, but treatment has to be continued for a long time for complete response.

Revert back after six weeks to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|