Q. How to cure acne breakouts on cheeks and chin?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I have been experiencing acne breakouts, especially on my cheeks and chin. I have attached photographs for your reference so that you can help me better. Could you please let me know which products I may use to get rid of them, or do I need to take any medication?

My skin is dry and sensitive. I am currently using a mild cleanser for my face, and I use moisturizer and sunscreen regularly.

Thank you!

#

I understand your concern.

You seem to have grade 3 acne and I suggest the following oral antibiotics.

1. Capsule Doxycycline 100 mg once a day.

2. Apply Adapalene plus Benzoyl Peroxide gel apply on acne once at night in a tiny amount without rubbing it.

Keep using your mild cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen as anti-acne medicines might cause dryness and photosensitivity. The treatment works slowly and takes a few weeks to see good results, and antibiotics need to be continued for around three months. Avoid taking too many sweets, full cream milk, and chocolates. Also, please do not pick the lesions.

Follow up after one month.

Take care.

|