Management Of Stretch Marks

I have stretch marks. Why do they appear, and what are the ways to prevent it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have stretch marks. Why these appear? And how it can be prevented. Please give me an idea of avoiding this disease.  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stretch marks may appear due to the rapid hormonal changes and growth associated with puberty, during pregnancy, or with medical diseases, such as Cushing syndrome. Stretch marks can have causes that are not due to underlying disease. Examples include pregnancy, weight...  Read Full »

How to get rid of stretch marks present all over the stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I weigh 91 kg and my height is 5'10". Currently, I am on no medication. I have stretch marks almost all over my body and have been having this for the last 6-7 years. The stretch marks are present on my stomach, shoulder blades, forearm intersection, lower back...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a body mass index - BMI of 28 which comes in overweight category. Stretch marks result from excessive stretching of the skin. So, I will highly recommend you to reduce weight by at least 7-8 kg. Once stretch marks are formed, they are hard to treat. ...  Read Full »

Why do the stretch marks on my inner thighs hurt?

Query: Hello doctor, I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and buttocks area. When I sit for about 30 minutes, the stretch marks hurt (in the scale of 1-10, the pain is around 8). So, I have to stand up once in a while. More and more stretch marks appear when they hurt and they hurt too. It is very unco...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your history and picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I get your worry. I can see that you have already tried a lot of therapies for the same with not much relief. Weight gain is usually a gradual process and not much skin stretch...  Read Full »

How can stretch marks be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. My main concern is, I have a lot of stretch marks on my body. I had them on my shoulder and thighs since I was 10 years old. Now, I have them even on my belly and biceps area. For the past three months, I have been working out. I do not feel it is because of working ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and noticed that you have a lot of old stretch marks on your shoulders and abdomen. I would suggest you start topical application of Tretinoin cream 0.1% on the stretch marks daily at night...  Read Full »