Q. I consume marijuana and I am 22 weeks preganent. How long will it stay in my system?

Dr. Nargis M Vahora
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 25, 2019

I am 22 weeks pregnant. Due date is after three months. I smoked marijuana for the first few months to help with severe morning sickness. I stopped smoking probably last month. I went to a gynecologist this month, and they took a urine sample in which they tested for drugs and marijuana was the only one I tested positive for.

After two weeks of my appointment, I smoked once to help with a bout of morning sickness and have not since then. And I have planned not to do ever again during my pregnancy. My next appointment is after one week. Will I be threatened with CPS because of my positive urine from last time? And will they test my urine at my next visit? I am only 18, and I am very nervous. I am concerned because before I got pregnant, I smoked marijuana every day since I was 15. How long will it stay in my system? How can I safely detox it from my body?

#

My advice to you that please stop taking marijuana, if you love your baby, then please stop it right now, because it affects your baby growth. And why you want your baby to suffer because of you, so please stop it and the other thing there is no safe antidote of marijuana. So better is to stop it, and yes, marijuana remains in your body system for up to three weeks. Please take medicine regularly and do USG (ultrasound) regularly and please for your child please stop to take marijuana.

|