Q. I consume marijuana and I am 22 weeks preganent. How long will it stay in my system?

Answered by Dr. Nargis M Vahora and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Marijuana Side Effects or Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 22 weeks pregnant. Due date is after three months. I smoked marijuana for the first few months to help with severe morning sickness. I stopped smoking probably last month. I went to a gynecologist this month, and they took a urine sample in which they tested for drugs and marijuana was the only one I tested positive for.

After two weeks of my appointment, I smoked once to help with a bout of morning sickness and have not since then. And I have planned not to do ever again during my pregnancy. My next appointment is after one week. Will I be threatened with CPS because of my positive urine from last time? And will they test my urine at my next visit? I am only 18, and I am very nervous. I am concerned because before I got pregnant, I smoked marijuana every day since I was 15. How long will it stay in my system? How can I safely detox it from my body?