Marriage

I am confused about getting divorced. Please suggest.

Query: Hi doctor,I have asked my husband for a divorce. I am not happy or in love with him. For eight years, he was into gambling and hardly contributed to our household. He has now stopped gambling for around three months since he found out that I was talking with another man. I have been trying to convin...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Thank you for writing to us. We are happy to help you.I have gone through what you have shared, and it seems that you are going through a difficult time with regards to your husband. I understand how it feels to be in a relationship which is not giving you anything and i...  Read Full »

Why is my sister so depressed after her marriage?

Query: Hi doctor,Three years ago, my sister got married. But, her marriage lasted only for one month. According to her, the boy was not physically and mentally fit. So, she came back to live with us. She was very mentally disturbed at that time. A few months back, her second marriage got fixed again, and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She may be getting recurrent attacks of depression since marriage is a huge stress and not all can bear that stress healthily. Also, a previous failed marriage may be making her tense this time too and giving her flashbacks. She may also end up judging this marriage fr...  Read Full »

How useful is marriage counseling?

Query: Hi doctor, We applied for a divorce, and we are going to a psychiatrist for counseling as advised. The reason for divorce is that my wife is not willing to have sex, but complaining that I have some problem. I hope she loves someone and still having contact with him. My friend informed that during...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you know and understand thoroughly what exactly divorce counseling means. By this, the couple will figure out why their relationship did not work and to have the insight of the unhappiness felt by the couple. The medication varies accordingly. They may be for a...  Read Full »

Is it difficult to conceive after 30 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 33 years old and still unmarried. I am really stressed about marriage and kids. Is it very difficult to conceive after 30?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. It is true that the chances of pregnancy decrease with the advancement of age but pregnancy are still possible upto 45 years of marriage. The chance depends on the number of follicles available in your ovary which varies ...  Read Full »

Why do I get anxious and stressed while thinking about marriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My parents have started searching a suitable guy for me, but I am getting tensed. I feel as I do not want to get married. I am in anxiety and stress. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Marriage is the most significant life event in a person's life. Every significant event is associated with significant anxiety. So, it is quite natural to be anxious. What matters now is whether you want to with the person you are planning to get married or not. It is not...  Read Full »

Is marrying a partner with same blood group harmful?

Query: Hello doctor, Blood group of the male is A positive and blood group of the female is A with Rh positive. Can they get married? Will they face any problem in getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no harm in marrying the partner of same blood group. Every individual has unique own blood group and ABO and Rh system used most commonly. If you want to do preconception counseling then investigate with CBC (complete blood count) and if needed HPLC (high-per...  Read Full »

I am obsessed and keep pondering about my husband's past love affair. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I had a love marriage. My husband had an affair six months ago, but the affair is no more. An enemy of my husband reminded me of his past and I am now obsessed with the betrayal and keep on pondering about the past affair. I am afraid that he still is in a secret love a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is more related to insecurity and matter of trust. There is no medication that can help to gain trust on your husband. Avoid all the negative thoughts and love your husband and enjoy your marriage life. Your duty is to love and have trust in your husband. I sugges...  Read Full »