Marriage Counseling

Marriage counseling or couples therapy is done to recognize and resolve conflicts in a marriage. Through this, couples decide if they want to rebuild and strengthen their relationship or go their separate ways.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am confused about getting married to my fiance after he shared our personal chats to others. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting married soon. Recently there has been some issue between me and my fiancé. My fiance has sent screenshots of all our discussions to his parents and uncle. This has been done for the second time after we said yes to each other. Now I am very much tensed as I am thinking th...  Read Full »

Dr. K. V. Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to In my view, the issue is not peculiar. This does happen nowadays. This is very early for you to assess your fiance. He could also be having the same mindset as you of being insecure. That could be one reason for his present behavior. Secondly, any behavior will chang...  Read Full »

My husband does not show any interest in our married life. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My husband does not show any interest in me. We have completed our 2.5 years of marriage, but for 1.5 years, he does not show any interest in me. Now I am very frustrated. My friends and family members are asking about the baby. For 1.5 years, we are not in a physical relationship. I cann...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. It would be best if you talk with your husband about your concern. Ask him what he is thinking about the future. Spend time with him and try to get closer to him. If he has any financial or social problems, ask him and try to find a solution....  Read Full »

I do not want to get married and my family is pressurizing me. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old girl. I do not want to marry ever. My family wants me to marry soon as I am getting over age. They have a million reasons behind it. But I do not have any of the reasons why I am denying it. But I have this very strong intuition I do not want this thing to happen in my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You need to recognize your right to life and decide as per your choice. You are an adult and any decision of the family cannot be imposed on you without your acceptance. Since you have decided you can simply say no without giving any reason to your family. There is a need...  Read Full »

My wife is very abusive, and she does not like my parents and sister. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is very abusive and says the wrong things sometimes. Her mood goes off, and she remains like that for 2 to 3 days. After which, I have to make a lot of efforts by saying sorry so many times, and then she would become normal. During such a period, she will not talk or talk only...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. Use of abusive language, suspiciousness, mood swings lasting for days, excessive irritability, and anger cannot be considered normal, and there is a need to have couple counseling. If she responds well to other peopl...  Read Full »

I never feel sexually attracted to my wife. Is my problem psychological?

Query: Hello doctor, It has been two years since I married, but I have never felt sexually attracted to my wife, no matter what I do. I have tried Viagra and Ayurvedic medicines to increase sexual drive, but no results. My parents had compelled me into this marriage. Since I never had sex before marriage,...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. Hypothyroidism and high prolactin explain a few symptoms that you are suffering from. So before jumping to the conclusion that it is psychological, I suggest you to undergo blood investigations such as serum testos...  Read Full »

Is it alright to marry someone with the same blood group as you?

Query: Hello doctor, I am planning to get married. But my partner and I have the same B positive blood group. In this case, when we plan a baby, is it harmful? I have heard that the same blood group cannot conceive a baby together. Please advice me regarding the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Every individual has a unique ABO and Rh blood group. It remains same throughout the life. You and your partner having same blood group will not lead to any problem in conception or harm to you or the baby. If your blood was negative, and the fetus had a positive blo...  Read Full »

My wife is not interested in sex. How to initiate a sexual relationship with her?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am a graduate and working for a MNC company. I got married in before 10 years and it is a love cum arranged marriage. My wife is also working with me. When I was in grade 3, I got introduced to sex by a male teacher. I used to go for tuition and he used me for h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Although there are many things to intervene one thing requires immediate attention, which is mismatched sexual interest. There are prevalent myths about sex and sexuality that make it difficult for the...  Read Full »

I am obsessed and keep pondering about my husband's past love affair. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I had a love marriage. My husband had an affair six months ago, but the affair is no more. An enemy of my husband reminded me of his past and I am now obsessed with the betrayal and keep on pondering about the past affair. I am afraid that he still is in a secret love a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This is more related to insecurity and a matter of trust. There is no medication that can help to gain the trust of your husband. Avoid all the negative thoughts and love your husband and enjoy your marriage life. Your duty is to love and trust your husband. I suggest ...  Read Full »

How useful is marriage counseling?

Query: Hi doctor, We applied for a divorce, and we are going to a psychiatrist for counseling as advised. The reason for divorce is that my wife is not willing to have sex, but complaining that I have some problem. I hope she loves someone and still having contact with him. My friend informed that during c...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I guess you know and understand thoroughly what exactlydivorce counseling means. By this, the couples will figure out why their relationship did not work and have the insight of unhappiness left by the couples. The medication varies accordingly. They may be for anxie...  Read Full »

I am satisfied with my marriage but had sex with my crush. Why did this happen to me?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a love marriage seven years ago and have a daughter aged three and a half months. I am very happy and satisfied with my life. But two years back, I messaged my crush and we had sex. I traveled back to my place, stayed alone, and I forgot to delete the chats. Why did this happen to me...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to are satisfied with your life, yet you may be bored with your husband. It would help if you had a spark or variation to make marriage life enjoyable. Go for a vacation or do things together like cooking, playing sports, movie dates, hiking, or trekking. Go for variations...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.