Q. Which mast cell stabilizer would help my multiple allergies?

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

I am a 23 year old. I have got a lot many allergies. Actually allergy from almost everything. 15 to 16 to be precise and reports of my prick test are attached. I get stomach problems, hyperacidity, indigestion, hives (urticaria), sinus, breathing problems and my eyelids and a part below that stays swollen almost all round the year. My weight fluctuates a lot. There is a difference of 1 to 2 kg somedays in the morning and evening measurements. The things stay under control when I pop in about two antihistamines a day and 2500+ mg Vitamin C and occasionally vitamin D. But management is difficult. I have tried diet changes and everything. Bromelain helps too. I also have anxiety issues for which having 25 ml rum every night helps me and stops me from getting so frustrated that I stop everything.

I am allergic to ghee, neem, wheat, dust, paper dust, cats, mouse, fish, chicken, milk and milk products, and few more insignificant things that I cannot recall at the moment. Immunotherapy will not work that is what my last doctor said and well, to be honest, it was so expensive Icould not have gone for it anyway. Please give me something so I can reduce the amount of medicines I take. I was actually looking for a mast cell stabilizer that brought me here.

#

Cromolyn (Cromoglicic acid) is a mast cell stabilizer. Sodium cromoglycate is the chemical name for it. You must try allergen avoidance. That seems to be the only way. Allergy to so many substances will make immunotherapy very difficult. The success of avoidance depends on how strictly you follow it. It will be very cumbersome initially but over time you will learn to avoid the offending stuff.

Although regarded less predictive than skin prick test, blood allergy testing may be useful in you in reducing the positive allergen detection. If we are able to pinpoint to fewer allergens then avoidance becomes easy. Blood allergy testing or specific IgE testing is called immunoCAP.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

Thank you very much. I will get my allergy test done by the end of this weekend. Could you please tell me the name of a drug that I can find here which has this Cromolyn because I was not able to find one.

#

Cromal 2 % and 4 % are available in the form of an ophthalmic solution. It can be taken for topical nasal application. Nasal Crom and Alairgix are nasal formulations.

|