Q. Which mast cell stabilizer would help my multiple allergies?

I am a 23 year old. I have got a lot many allergies. Actually allergy from almost everything. 15 to 16 to be precise and reports of my prick test are attached. I get stomach problems, hyperacidity, indigestion, hives (urticaria), sinus, breathing problems and my eyelids and a part below that stays swollen almost all round the year. My weight fluctuates a lot. There is a difference of 1 to 2 kg somedays in the morning and evening measurements. The things stay under control when I pop in about two antihistamines a day and 2500+ mg Vitamin C and occasionally vitamin D. But management is difficult. I have tried diet changes and everything. Bromelain helps too. I also have anxiety issues for which having 25 ml rum every night helps me and stops me from getting so frustrated that I stop everything.

I am allergic to ghee, neem, wheat, dust, paper dust, cats, mouse, fish, chicken, milk and milk products, and few more insignificant things that I cannot recall at the moment. Immunotherapy will not work that is what my last doctor said and well, to be honest, it was so expensive Icould not have gone for it anyway. Please give me something so I can reduce the amount of medicines I take. I was actually looking for a mast cell stabilizer that brought me here.

#

Cromolyn (Cromoglicic acid) is a mast cell stabilizer. Sodium cromoglycate is the chemical name for it. You must try allergen avoidance. That seems to be the only way. Allergy to so many substances will make immunotherapy very difficult. The success of avoidance depends on how strictly you follow it. It will be very cumbersome initially but over time you will learn to avoid the offending stuff.

Although regarded less predictive than skin prick test, blood allergy testing may be useful in you in reducing the positive allergen detection. If we are able to pinpoint to fewer allergens then avoidance becomes easy. Blood allergy testing or specific IgE testing is called immunoCAP.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

Thank you very much. I will get my allergy test done by the end of this weekend. Could you please tell me the name of a drug that I can find here which has this Cromolyn because I was not able to find one.

#

Cromal 2 % and 4 % are available in the form of an ophthalmic solution. It can be taken for topical nasal application. Nasal Crom and Alairgix are nasal formulations.

| 

Post-Nasal Drip Associated with Sinusitis

Article Overview: Post-nasal drip is the dripping of mucus from the nasal and sinus passages down the back of the throat. This article talks in detail about this common health nuisance. Read Article

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Post-nasal drip is defined as the dripping of mucus from the nasal and sinus passages down the back of the throat. It is a common health condition affecting males and females equally and is becoming increasingly prevalent in our society. It commonly affects people in the urban areas. It is invariabl...  Read Article

Article Overview: Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with air. When there is an infection, the sinuses get filled with fluid and germs can grow there causing inflammation. Read Article

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Sinusitis is defined as inflammation of the mucosal lining of the sinus passages. Frequent attacks of sinusitis for over three months, also known as chronic sinusitis, result in the thickening of the mucosal membranes and an excess production of nasal and sinus secretions. These secretions are usual...  Read Article

How can I stop nosebleeds and discomfort due to pollen allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with my allergies. I believe I am allergic to pollen and I have these allergies all year long. I am always snuffing, wiping, started to have nose bleeds recently. I tried every over the counter allergy pill and spray and nothing gives me release. What should I do? Is ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now