Q. I am a diabetic and hypertensive, and I masturbate daily. Will it hamper my sex life?

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Published on Nov 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2019

I am a 27 years old unmarried male. I am a diabetic and a high BP patient. I have some queries regarding sexual health.

1. I use to masturbate daily as I am habituated to it. Is it harmful? If not how many times in a day I can do so?

2. Will it hamper my sex life? Does it lead to erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation, etc?

3. Can you suggest me any ayurvedic remedies to increase my sex drive, and to maintain hard erection, and to produce healthy sperms?

4. Actually I feels that for my age, weight, and height the size of my penis is too small. It is two and a half inches in the flaccid stage and almost five inches while erect. Can you please provide me any ayurvedic remedies to enlarge the size of my penis?

5. I have heard about the penile massage for improving its size. If so please suggests any ayurvedic oil for massage.

Medicines at present:

1. Obimet SR 1 gm.

2. Glycomet GP 0.5.

3. Ace Revelol 25/2.5 mg.

4. Rozavel 5 mg.

I have sent the images of my flaccid penis. Please let me know about its shape and size and provide suggestions to make it better.

#

You are definitely in need of a healthy life style. As you have not mentioned whether you are suffering from type 2 diabetes mellitus or type 1 diabetes mellitus. But looking at the medication mentioned by you, I am considering it type 2 diabetes mellitus. Other associated problem like hypertension also suggest me to think of life style associated disorders only.

Following are my suggestions for you: 1) Your three problems (diabetes, hypertension, and sexual health) can be sorted out by working on four points. They are: diet, exercise, medication, and stress. Work on these and you will be able to successfully deal with your problem. 2) If you see carefully, you will notice that your doctor is helpful to you only in advising your medication and other things (diet, exercise and stress) need to be tackled by you. So, health is in your hands and not in doctor hands. So, please work on it. 3) For your height, you are overweight. Try to reduce your weight minimum by 10 kg. It will definitely benefit you in all aspects of health including diabetes, hypertension and sexual health.

4) Physical activity is a must. Minimum one hour of walking or jogging or yoga or gym or any other modality of exercise five days a week is recommended. 5) Decrease excess calorie intake. Sweets, fats, junk food, bakery products need to be avoided. Decrease salt intake is must for your hypertension. 6) There is nothing wrong with your penis size. And bigger penis size does not mean that it will result in happier sexual life.

7) Masturbating daily, in general, will not result in any problem as such. There is no standard frequency of masturbation. It depends upon your physical health and wish. It will not result in erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation. But your other health issues make you prone to such problems.

8) Sexual problems in majority of cases are not real physical problems but are a result of unexplained fear, and insecurity. In my opinion, this is the most important aspect while dealing with sexual issues. Feel free in talking to your doctor on such issues.

9) I do not think that you need any medication for sexual health. Do not be carried away with advertisement. Medicines are not required and will not benefit you.

10) Optimize your blood sugar and blood pressure. Continue with medicines which you mentioned in your query. 11) Come out of unnecessary stress. Fix a healthy routine for yourself by focusing on above mentioned points.

Diabetes

Article Overview: The number of people being diagnosed with diabetes is drastically increasing. To know how diabetes affects your heart, kidney, and brain, read the article. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha
Diabetologist

What Is Diabetes? Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a condition that affects how your body uses blood glucose or blood sugar. Glucose is an important source of energy for the cells in the body, and it is the main source of fuel of the brain. There are many types of diabetes depending on the cause, b...  Read Article

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

I had high blood pressure and low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction?

Query: Hi doctor,I had high blood pressure, low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction? I have no chest pain. At the time of ECG, my blood pressure was 168/100 and heart beat 46.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reports mentioned on ECG are machine generated and are frequently inaccurate. There is no clear-cut evidence of myocardial infarction on ECG. As you also do not have any history of ch...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now