Q. I got addicted to masturbation and have lost interest in sex. Please guide me.

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2020

I am 37 years old, married and having two kids. My daughter is 8 years old and son is 4.6 years. I got married 9 years before. For the last 2 to 3 years that is after my second baby I am facing issue in our sexual relationship. I have lost desire, lack of interest, low libido, erectile dysfunction and unable to have sex with my wife. Due to this problem, I am doing masturbation as a source of stress relief and got addicted to masturbation. I feel very guilty of all these things. I need your guidance. Please guide.

#

• Masturbation does not cause any adverse effects on potency. If you are enjoying masturbation, then no need to worry. This also proves that you have libido, but you are not much enjoying sexual intercourse.
  • You have to find ways to enjoy sexual intercourse. Spend a good time in foreplay with your wife. Increase foreplay will help in growth of libido and you will definitely feel better.
  • I would also advise you to get your serum testosterone and prolactin levels done to rule out any hormonal cause of ED (erectile dysfunction).
  • Once that comes normal and then medicines like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be used. These medicines will improve your libido and you should feel better.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|