HomeAnswersEndocrinologymasturbationI have concerns about my hormonal health because I do not experience much pleasure during masturbation. Kindly help.

What could be the reason for a lack of pleasure during masturbation?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 7, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 7, 2023

Patient's Query

I am an 18-year-old male with a height of 5 feet and 7 inches and a weight of 121.254 pounds. I have concerns about my hormonal health because I do not experience much pleasure during masturbation. I began masturbating when I was 15 years old, but after a year, I noticed a lack of full pleasure. I only start to feel sensations when I ejaculate. I would appreciate any advice or guidance that you could provide on this matter.

Thank you for your query.

It is essential to recognize that sexual pleasure and experiences with masturbation can greatly differ from person to person and even change for an individual over time.

Concerning your worries about hormone issues, there are various potential factors that might contribute to your situation, including:

1. Anxiety and stress: Feeling anxious, stressed, or distracted can lessen sexual arousal and make it challenging to experience pleasure.

2. Medications: Certain medications can impact sexual function or alter sexual sensations.

3. Performance anxiety: Fretting about achieving sexual satisfaction for yourself or your partner can diminish pleasure and contribute to sexual difficulties.

In the meantime, here are some general suggestions for enhancing sexual pleasure or addressing sexual issues:

1. Relaxation: Stay relaxed and attuned to your body and its sensations.

2. Exploration: Experiment with various techniques or methods of masturbation that bring you pleasure.

3. Addressing conditions: Tackle any psychological or physical conditions that might be influencing your sexual experience.

4. Pornography: Be cautious with pornographic content that could create unrealistic expectations.

5. Communication: Maintain open communication with your partner about your emotions and experiences.

It is important to remember that sexual well-being is an integral aspect of overall health. If you are concerned, do not hesitate to seek medical assistance.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Andrews
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

lack of pleasuremasturbation

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Endocrinology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy