Bipolar Disorder

About "Bipolar Disorder"

Previously called manic depression, bipolar disorder is a mental health condition that causes severe mood changes and unusual shifts in energy, activity levels, behavior, and thinking. It is classified into four groups, namely bipolar I disorder, bipolar II disorder, cyclothymic disorder, and bipolar disorder induced by any other condition or medication. The mood of the person with this disorder varies from being extremely energized to being very sad or feeling hopeless.

Related Terms: Depression, Schizophrenia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Addiction & Substance Abuse, Borderline Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder