Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Related Terms: Colonoscopy, Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Ibs, Crohn's Disease, Pantoprazole

I have inflammatory bowel disease. Is my ulcer curable?
Query: Hello doctor,I had abdominal pain six months back. And I did the scanning. It showed inflammatory bowel disease. I did a colonoscopy. It reveals terminal ileal ulcer 4. Biopsy suggestive of non-specific ileitis. I m taking Mesacol 400 mg tablet BD. The doctor told to stop after six months. So, I sto...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering the inflammatory bowel disease, it seems you have milder form of the disease. This is a chronic disease with periods of remission and reactivation. So in you, it is likely that you may get such recurrences in the future for which you would need repeated c...  Read Full »

I have lost 13 kg due to ulcerative colitis. Please suggest an ayurvedic cure.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39 year old male. I have ulcerative colitis since last year. I have lost 13 kg in the last 18 months. I was previously 73 kg. I now weigh 60 kg. I have frequent motions, even up to six times a day. But, the consistency of the stools is alright. I also have stomach pain sometime...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease and a very notorious disease. Its progress depends on your diet pattern and life style. You are taking good medicines but, I would suggest some changes. You should stop the allopathic medicine gradually. Take the foll...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines to treat IBD in a 7-year-old child.
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 7 years old. He has diarrhea with a lot of blood in it. He goes to the washroom almost 20 times in day and night. The doctors say he has IBD. They are giving him steroid medicine to stop his blood in stool and inflammation in the intestine. What would you suggest to take, or...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is an inflammatory disorder of the colon. It can be managed naturally through Ayurvedic medicines.  Read Full »

What causes blood and mucous in stools?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and I weigh 60 kg. A few days back, after dinner, I passed stools and while flushing, I found the stool to have mucous and blood. When I attempted to clean the anal region after defecating, I found all three tips of my finge...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following are the possibilities according to your complaints: Acute dysentery. Piles (hemorrhoids). Inflammatory Bowel Disease. You need to consult a doctor for physical examination. You will need proctoscopy (medical examination of the anal cavity with a thin t...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for stomach pain and diarrhea?
Query: Hi doctor, For around two weeks, I have had sharp excruciating pain in my stomach and diarrhea. I cannot hold my food down and the frequency of pain is constant. I have diarrhea for every 30 to 60 minutes. I also have sharp pains in my kidney area. My current medication includes Omeprazole 40 mg, B...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in abdomen and diarrhea may be due to gastroenteritis, worm infestation, colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. Kidney pain may be due to stones or UTI (urinary tract infection). I would suggest you to carry out ultrasound examination of abdomen, stool examinatio...  Read Full »

What is the reason for stomach pain and blood in stools?
Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of: Colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections. Diverticulitis. Malignancy has to be ruled out. Piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Stool examination for microscopy and culture has to be...  Read Full »

Could stomach bug cause frequent bowel movements?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past 10 days, I have been having frequent bowel movements. At first, it started with lots of pain, but the pain got subside after relieving my bowels. The stools were softer and of large quantity. No blood in stool, but a little bit of red color on my toilet paper. I have hemorrho...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your history suggests two differential diagnosis: Irritable bowel syndrome. Colitis that is inflammatory bowel disease. Since your prior investigations were normal, irritable bowel syndrome is more likely. I need the following details in order to ...  Read Full »

Why do I have blood in stool?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old male, and I was suffering from inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) before a year. After taking medications, my condition got better. So I stopped taking medicines, and I took Pantop-D (Pantoprazole) only for the gas relief. Before a month, I developed a fungal infection i...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two causes for the blood in the stool. The reason can be due to infection and reactivation of inflammatory bowel disease. In such condition, we should treat the infection first. The common infection seen is bacterial, sometimes viral infection may also occur l...  Read Full »

My mother has diarrhea, and her stomach is bloated and paining. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My mom is not feeling well, and I am concerned about internal bleeding. This morning, she had a decreased appetite, foot swelling (right), and diarrhea. She has back pain along with pain and bloating in the abdomen. She just wants to go to bed. She also noticed some spotting in her underw...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diarrhea, back pain, abdominal pain, and decreased appetite are most probably due to a colon cause, which could be an inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis. If these episodes keep coming, your mom will need a colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. As for the spot...  Read Full »

How to increase stamina in my child?
Query: Hello doctor, What is wrong with a junior school child who has diarrhea and either stopped drinking or is unable to. He has eyesight weakness and now wears glasses. He worries a lot and despite a good appetite does not put on weight. Has difficulty in reading and writing. He has no power, strength ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes of diarrhea and poor nutrition at this age might be due to celiac disease (an autoimmune disorder), worm infestation, IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease). I suggest: Give him syrup Nitazoxanide 200 mg twice a day for five days. Give syrup preparation of iron-fo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Inflammatory Bowel Disease? We have medical experts to help you right away.