Kidney Stones

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Uti, Kidney Disorders, Kidney Health, Ultrasound Abdomen, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI), Kidney Tests

Kidney Stones: Causes, Management and Prevention

Article Overview: One in every 20 people develop kidney stones at some point in their life. Here is an article to know about kidney stones, its management and prevention.
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

What is a Kidney Stone? Kidney stones (renal calculi) are hard mineral deposits like calcium, oxalate and phosphorus that form inside the kidneys. They vary in size. A minute stone may pass on its own, causing little or no pain, while stones more than 3mm of size gets stuck in ureters and block the ...  Read Full »

Diagnosed with Kidney Stone - What Next?

Article Overview: Many patients are found to have small 3 mm to 5 mm stones in kidneys. They get worried and rush to doctor. Some land up taking unnecessary, costly treatment. Here, I have discussed a few information about kidney stones.
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

The anatomy of the urinary system is such that urine formed in the kidney is transported to urinary bladder by a narrow tube called ureter. Size is the limiting factor for natural passage of kidney stone through this narrow passage. Ureter can accommodate around 4 mm diameter st ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. I have a high blood pressure since five years and type 2 diabetes mellitus since two years. I had a master health checkup last week. My reports showed serum albumin at 3.2, total protein at 5.8, and globulin at 2.6. The urine analysis report and the X-ray an...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Varma
Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is clear that apart from serum protein and albumin, all other parameters look normal. However, even these values are not grossly abnormal. As you may be knowing, the liver is the site of productio...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Kidney Stones?

Article Overview: This article discusses the ways to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

A kidney stone is a common condition affecting individuals of all age groups. It is a recurring problem with approximately 50 % individuals experiencing a second episode. Though some people are prone to kidney stones, majority experience it because of their lifestyle.       ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old male. Six months back, I underwent a urinary bladder stone surgery. Now everything is fine. Today, I have done a general checkup for follow-up. A USG abdomen scan was done (scan copy attached). The radiologist said there are small calculi in the left and right kidneys...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Once a kidney stone forms, there is a high risk for recurrent formation. But, a surgery will be required if the size becomes significant to prevent spontaneous passage. I suggest j...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I have had a kidney stone in my right kidney for around eight months and now it is relatively large 22 mm. I have attached my report for your reference. I am suffering from recurrent kidney infections in the past couple years and had a stone in my left kidney wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw all your reports and your clinical details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your tendency for recurrent stone formation which needs to be evaluated. You need not to worry about eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate) currently as creatinin...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis to kn...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had UTI and kidney stones earlier. My ultrasound states that my pancreas are normal in size and echotexture and the kidney stones have been flushed out, but there is infrequent burning. Can you shed more light on the latter part (echotexture)? Currently, I am on ayurvedic medicines ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This ultrasound is normal (pancreatitis, spleen and kidneys) (attachment removed to protect patient identity) besides, there are the following findings: Fat accumulated in the liver, which means that the patient should avoid alcohol and lose some pounds. Some pol...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 58 year old male. My ultrasound scan shows 1.2 cm kidney stone in the right UV junction. I have no serious pain or discomfort. I am going through my daily routine without difficulty. The main problem is frequent urination. I faced the problem of continuous urge to urinate and mild...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The size of your kidney stone is 1.2 cm and it is in ureterovesical junction, so it is not causing you any major problem till now. From the kidneys, ureters continue to urinary bladder to expel the urine. The diameter of the ureter is 3 to 4 mm. So, you can guess th...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Kidney Stones? We have medical experts to help you right away.