Medical Advice on "Microdermabrasion"

Microdermabrasion and chemical peel are the procedures to improve skin texture. They exfoliate the damaged superficial layer of skin, there by lightening the hyperpigmentation on the skin. This removes the dead cells in the skin, facilitating the new layer of cells to … View thread »

Contractubex gel is topically applied to reduce scars. It is very effective on various types of scars. Other modes of treating scars include: Fractional laser treatment - a non-invasive technique to remove scars. It is the best option but is slightly expensive … View thread »

Yes, you can use Kojivit gel (Kojic acid) safely daily. But, it only removes extra tan from your skin. You can try using a Glycolic acid based face wash for better results of skin lightening. Make sure that you apply sunscreen every 5-6 hours. You can also … View thread »

One's skin color has 2 components. First one is genetic, which cannot be changed. Every skin color is beautiful in its own way and we should learn to love our skin color and augment it and not hide or lighten it. The second component is acquired, which is due to the … View thread »

Acne treatment depends upon the type of acne lesions. From the treatment provided it seems, you are having pustular (pus filled) or papular (red raised bumps) lesions. In case of nodular acne, lesions are large nodules. For nodular acne we usually prescribe oral … View thread »

Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these … View thread »

I have read your query and have seen your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What I have seen is a blackish pigmentation over your forehead and around your eye along with ice pick, rolling and pock-like scars over your cheeks. The blackish … View thread »

In this article I have discussed a few measures to maintain one's youthful appearance … View thread »

It is said that about 90 to 95 % of the world population would have suffered from acne at some point in their life. Acne is very common during 13 to 30 years of age. After 30 years of age, acne is … View thread »

For acne, in your age group, it is always important to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). To find that out, you need to tell me whether you have irregular periods. How many days does your period date shift from the expected date? Do you get any hair … View thread »

Do you have a question on Microdermabrasion? We have medical experts to help you right away.