Microdermabrasion

Related Terms: Acne, Chemical Peeling, Eczema, Alopecia Areata, Hair Disorders, Hair Fall, Hair Loss

Query: Hello doctor, I am very much worried about my skin color. I have taken two sittings of microdermabrasion and two sittings of glycolic acid peel. But, I am not able to see any change and that too my skin looks darker. Would it be a chemical peel side effect? Now I am using branded face wash and suns...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Microdermabrasion and chemical peel are the procedures to improve skin texture. They exfoliate the damaged superficial layer of skin, there by lightening the hyperpigmentation on the skin. This removes the dead cells in the skin, facilitating the new layer of cells to ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello Doctor,    I am 19 years old. I have lot of acne scars on my face and it looks ugly. Doctor advised me to use contractubex but it is of no use. Please suggest some other treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Contractubex gel is topically applied to reduce scars. It is very effective on various types of scars. Other modes of treating scars include: Fractional laser treatment - a non-invasive technique to remove scars. It is the best option but is slightly expensive. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have a wheatish complexion. Can you please suggest if I can use Kojivit cream for skin lightening?  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can use Kojivit gel (Kojic acid) safely daily. But, it only removes extra tan from your skin. You can try using a Glycolic acid based face wash for better results of skin lightening. Make sure that you apply sunscreen every 5-6 hours. You can also g...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Before eight months, I had boils on both sides of my face. Now, they left dark black marks. They are very stubborn and extremely hard to fade. They are gradually disappearing, but it is too slow. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to treat. The essential thing is protecting skin from UV (ultraviolet) rays, so sunscreen with SPF 50 (sun protection factor) is must in the morning hours, apply it for every four hours when you go out to beach or park for a ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I have a dusky skin that is brown skin. I want to become fair. Can I use Kojivit gel? Or any other dermoatology cream can I use? My hands are also brown in color and full of tan. Do you suggest any creams to get fair? I want to become fair as my marriage is goi...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One's skin color has 2 components. First one is genetic, which cannot be changed. Every skin color is beautiful in its own way and we should learn to love our skin color and augment it and not hide or lighten it. The second component is acquired, which is due to the ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello, I am a male, 24 years old. I have recently developed with nodular acne on my left cheek and visited a dermatologist. The doctor has prescribed the following for 15 days for pimples: Rejuglow face wash gel. Nilac ointment (twice daily). Minoz 50 tablet (once daily). He has asked me to come af...  Read Full »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Acne treatment depends upon the type of acne lesions. From the treatment provided it seems, you are having pustular (pus filled) or papular (red raised bumps) lesions. In case of nodular acne, lesions are large nodules. For nodular acne we usually prescribe oral isot...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I used to take treatments for facial hair removal using a laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peeling. I did these treatments before two years. My skin has become worse now. I have more dead cells in my skin, and I have darker looking skin. Even my lips have turned dark. My entire upp...  Read Full »
Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having hormonal issues. It could be the reason for having pigmentation and excess hair growth. Please mention about the steps taken to maintain the skin. Please send the images of the darkened portion of the skin. I can suggest some remedies after looking at the...  Read Full »

Sunprotection and Sunscreens : All you need to know about this!

Article Overview: Sun protection is the single most important measure of preventing or delaying problems like ageing of skin, wrinkles, pigmentation disorders like melasma, age spots etc. Thus protection from sun-exposure by physical methods and proper use of sunscreens is central to prevention and treatment of these problems. Unfortunately not many people know how exactly a sunscreen should be used to optimize its beneficial effects. This article will educate everybody about concepts of ideal sun protection and use of sunscreens.  Read Article »
Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

What is Sun Protection and Why is it Needed Sun protection is simply guarding a body from the adverse effects of sunlight. Sun light consists of visible light and Ultra Violet (UV) radiation which are of three types – A,B,C of which UVA and UVB have detrimental effects on the skin on chronic ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor, The forehead portion above my eyes and the portion of face around eyes became black around four years ago. Please find the photo of my face attached here. I never took any medicine. For the last four months, I am taking some natural remedies such as turmeric, aloevera, etc. Please sugge...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and have seen your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What I have seen is a blackish pigmentation over your forehead and around your eye along with ice pick, rolling and pock-like scars over your cheeks. The blackish pi...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have had mild acne for years and it seems to be under control now with an occasional break out here and there, mainly just trying to fix scarring. I am a 26-year-old male. Currently, I am using the Menscience brand facial wash, Mirco scrub, and rosewater toner. I lie to keep things ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am glad you asked this. Could you also upload a photo of your face both indoors as well as in natural daylight? I need to have a close-up view to pinpoint the diagnosis and suggest a remedy. I appreciate your concern. For more information consult a dermatologist onli...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Microdermabrasion? We have medical experts to help you right away.