Obesity

Related Terms: Hypertension, Diabetes, Reduce Weight, Headaches And Migraines, Cholesterol, Exercises, Overweight

Obesity: The New Age Epidemic
Article Overview: Obesity is a complex lifestyle disease that seems to have assumed epidemic proportions. We have failed to nip it in the bud and modern day waistlines are expanding at an alarming rate. This article discusses the causes of obesity and the measures to halt its progress.  Read Article »
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni
General Medicine Physician

An epidemic is something that spreads rapidly and affects an inordinately large number of people at the same time. There will be a rapid rise in the number of new cases well above the defined baseline. By this simplistic definition, obesity fits the bill rather perfectly. Obesity is a lifestyle dise ...  Read Article »

Obesity - What You Need to Know Before Planning a Regime to Lose Weight?
Article Overview: This article discusses about the fundamentals of planning a healthy weight loss.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal
General Medicine Physician

Most obese patients lose the will to try to lose weight because they feel that it is not going to help them much. They suspect that the small weight losses that they have are not worth the effort. This is however not true. Even those small weight losses help relax the blood pressure, helps relieve s ...  Read Article »

Childhood Obesity : An Ayurvedic Approach to its Management
Article Overview: Environmental factors, lifestyle preferences, and cultural environment play major roles in the increasing prevalence of childhood obesity worldwide. By following the guidelines on the basis of ayurvedic fundamentals, parents can effectively manage their child's obesity.  Read Article »
Dr. Omendra Pal Singh

A child is considered obese when his/her Body Mass Index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight by the square of the person's height, exceeds 30 Kg/m2. In ayurveda, obesity has been elaborately described by using the term atisthaulya. Childhood obesity ...  Read Article »

What is Obesity? Why People Become Over-Weight?
Article Overview: Obesity is a ‘silent epidemic’. This article tells about how to find if you have obesity and the reasons for it.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Who is Considered as An Obese Person? An Obese person is one who has too much body fat and thus has a negative effect on their health. A person is considered obese when they have a weight over 20% of their ideal body weight. On the other hand, one may consider body mass index. Body mass index, ...  Read Article »

Lifestyle Modification for Obesity
Article Overview: Obesity - the brand old term which is the main cause of all health issues world over. Here are some simple tips to control weight gain and being obese.  Read Article »
Dr. Indhupriyadharshini

Obesity has become the initial cause of all major health issues like cardiovascular, hypertension, diabetes, etc., which leads to other dangerous health issues. This obesity has now become a major epidemic in humans. So, how do we deal with this? We have three steps to change our life completely in ...  Read Article »

I have excessive body hair and obesity. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have had PCOS for over a decade now. I initially saw a gynecologist who tried oral contraceptive pills, microgynon, and spironolactone. She did a battery of blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm I have the condition. A general physician prescribed Metformin a few years back. All of the...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have a 21-hydroxylase deficiency and that causes an excess of testosterone and androstenedione causing virilization of females and PCOS. This is the cause of your hirsutism and insulin resis...  Read Full »

Can feeding food to the blood directly prevent obesity, hypertension, and diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, My greatest desire was to become a doctor. I have a few thoughts to prevent lifestyle diseases. If we smile with inner sad feeling, the brain will think that we are happy. It can be refered to as tricking the brain. Our taste buds are on the tongue and when we eat the brain knows the quan...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is great to know about your dream of becoming a doctor, and it is never too late. You can still give it a go as you are still pretty young by every means and age can never be a hurdle in education. Now coming to your query, the idea is good but not practical because...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Lifestyle Diseases?
Article Overview: Lifestyle Diseases are obesity, hypertension and diabetes. We may cause ourselves these diseases by many of our faulty lifestyle practices. This article discusses why do we get these diseases and some easy ways to prevent or control them.  Read Article »
Dr. Hariharan V
Family Physician

In the olden days, we had food scarcity and too much physical work. So obesity and lifestyle diseases were less among people. In those times people used to eat heavily when more food was available and eat less when no food was available. Then came the agricultural revolution era and a smart pub ...  Read Article »

How can we treat fatty liver?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a fatty liver for a year. I gained a lot of weight. After regular exercises, walking, and maintaining my diet, I am unable to lose weight. Can I take Lycopodium along with Calcera carbonica? And I also have a lot of dandruff problems. I am taking Himalaya liv 52 ds.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatty liver is due to obesity. You have to check your blood pressure and sugar levels as well. Check serum cholesterol, serum triglyceride. Regular active one hour exercise is needed for you and a strict diet restriction has to be followed. Fatty foods should be ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Obesity? We have medical experts to help you right away.