Medical Advice on "Psoriasis"

But, ayurveda has an answer to all this. And, here we are going to discuss the same … View thread »

... about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation ... … View thread »

Yes, your treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity. Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in severe … View thread »

I have read your query in detail, saw the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. This pus filled lesions is a form of psoriasis called pustular psoriasis.Also you seem to be going into psoriatic erythroderma that is … View thread »

I just read your query. Psoriasis is a non-infectious and inflammatory disease of the skin. Sometimes, the reason is unknown. As you have psoriasis from the past 7 to 8 years, it has come to the chronic state. So, I recommend you to go for panchakarma therapy. … View thread »

Psoriasis is a T-cell mediated autoimmune disorder. What you have heard about lack of Vitamin D as its cause is a myth among patients because now a days there is a new class of topical drugs available which are analogues of Vitamin D. These reduce the excessive cell … View thread »

Isotretinoin is a potentially dangerous drug and in many countries there are very strict guidelines over its use. It basically contains retinoids which in simple language is a derivative of vitamin A. It is primarily used to treat severe cystic acne and I fail to … View thread »

Yes, the symptoms can be of both seborrheic dermatitis and scalp psoriasis. To differentiate, please answer the following. Do have a family history of psoriasis? Is there a history of exacerbation in winter or itching over the face and back? Please … View thread »

After carefully reading your complaints and looking at your photographs, there seems to be 3 possibilities (attachment removed to protect patient identity) 1. Tinea cruris. 2. Psoriasis. 3. Erythrasma. For making a clear cut diagnosis I need the answers for a few … View thread »

It can be scalp psoriasis or warts. Please send me a photo to diagnose the condition and suggest you treatment. Revert with the photos to a dermatologist online --> … View thread »

Do you have a question on Psoriasis? We have medical experts to help you right away.