Psoriasis

Related Terms: Eczema, Acne, Hair Loss, Dandruff, Scalp Psoriasis, Dry Skin, Lichen Planus

Ayurvedic Management of Psoriasis

Article Overview: In allopathy, the treatment of psoriasis has many limitations and after effects. But, ayurveda has an answer to all this. And, here we are going to discuss the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohd Zahoor Bhat

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder wherein patient's skin has typically red, itchy and scaly patches. Sometimes, the patches are whitish in nature. There are five main types of psoriasis. They are plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular and erythrodermic. In allopathy (modern medicine), management ...  Read Article »

General Management of Difficult Psoriasis

Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation.  Read Article »

Psoriasis is a chronic genetically influenced immunologically based inflammatory disease of skin and joints. A majority of patients can be managed with topical coal tar, Dithranol and corticosteroids. However, psoriasis has a tendency to recur and may become worse. Moderate to severe psoriasis defin ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from psoriasis in my palm. When I was 12 years old, I had this disease for the first time. After taking some medicines it disappeared. But, it used to come on and off. In the past one year, I have faced this problem quite often. In between, I had homeopathy. As it ca...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity. Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in severe pso...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe psoriasis. I also have something else going on along with the psoriasis. My skin is red, swollen, pus filled and large yellow scales of skin are coming off. I cannot touch anything on my skin as it causes extreme pain. It is also hot to touch. I picked all the s...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail, saw the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern. This pus filled lesions is a form of psoriasis called pustular psoriasis.Also you seem to be going into psoriatic erythroderma that is invol...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have joint eczema for the past seven to eight years in both knee, the lower portion of leg and back of hand joints. My doctor says that it is psoriasis. Please clarify.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Psoriasis is a non-infectious and inflammatory disease of the skin. Sometimes, the reason is unknown. As you have psoriasis from the past 7 to 8 years, it has come to the chronic state. So, I recommend you to go for panchakarma therapy. Panchaka...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lo...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you use Salytor shampoo (Coal tar with Salicylic acid) twice weekly and continue with Topisol 6 % lotion (Clobetasol with Salicylic acid). If it is associated with it...  Read Full »

Query: Hi, I am suffering from Psoriasis for the past 24 years. I have tried lots of ointments already. I heard one of the reasons is lack of vitamin D. Is it true? I am 54 now.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Psoriasis is a T-cell mediated autoimmune disorder. What you have heard about lack of Vitamin D as its cause is a myth among patients because now a days there is a new class of topical drugs available which are analogues of Vitamin D. These reduce the excessive cell proli...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is my mother, age 58, with chronic psoriasis which is under control. She has been having right foot swelling for the past two months. Her left feet is normal. Initial diagnosis at local clinics was an infection and severe arthritis. She was put on anti-inflammatory, antibi...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand how worried you are about your mother. This seems to be due to the foot sprain she inflicted in the recent past (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She might have caused a damage to the soft tissues of ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know a few details of the tablets which I have been taking for my scalp psoriasis. Winolap 5mg once in a while when itching is too high (without doctor's prescription). Isotretinoin drugs/other drugs (with doctor's prescription). I have been taking these medicines on a...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Isotretinoin is a potentially dangerous drug and in many countries there are very strict guidelines over its use. It basically contains retinoids which in simple language is a derivative of vitamin A. It is primarily used to treat severe cystic acne and I fail to under...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I have severe dandruff, mild itching and hair fall. I consulted two doctors. First one said that it may by scalp psoriasis and the other told that it looks like some fungal infection....  Read Full »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the symptoms can be of both seborrheic dermatitis and scalp psoriasis. To differentiate, please answer the following. Do have a family history of psoriasis? Is there a history of exacerbation in winter or itching over the face and back? Please f...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Psoriasis? We have medical experts to help you right away.