Psoriatic Arthritis

Related Terms: Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Scalp Psoriasis, Acanthosis Nigricans, Acne, Actinic Keratosis

I am getting radiating right hip pain. Is this due to psoriatic arthritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Since a week, I am getting pain in the right leg hip and sometimes, extending till right knee and calf muscle. I feel that something is trying to project on the left side.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand from your query that you are experiencing some hip pain with radiation till knee region. Where exactly are you feeling some projecting swelling? Also, since this is only a week old story, there is no need to worry especially if there is no history of i...  Read Full »

Can HIV tests give false negative results?
Query: Hello doctor, One and a half years ago, I had unprotected oral sex. Two weeks later I tested positive for HSV-2. I started having sores in my anus. I was prescribed Acyclovir. But, unfortunately, it did not work for me. Four months ago, I had what I believed was ARS with chills, rashes, nausea, and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can go for PCR (polymerase chain reaction) analysis of HIV-1 RNA quantitative analysis. Psoriatic arthritis is not an autoimmune disorder like HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. It is T-lymphocytes mediated. So, there will be no interactions with the ELI...  Read Full »

Could you give your opinion on the medicines prescribed to me?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. I am having one 17 years old boy. After my first baby, I had three miscarriages and I did not get pregnant after. Unexpectedly, I got pregnant a few months ago and now I am in week 14. I had all the necessary tests, which came out normal except the anti-TPO. It is high ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medications prescribed by your doctor are all in good faith. As you are a patient of psoriatic arthritis and also had previous miscarriages, all these medications are necessary to give safety to you and your child. The medications in pregnancy are given ...  Read Full »

Why is my neutrophil number dropping?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently had my blood tests done for unexplained bruising, mouth sores, muscle pain and headaches. The neutrophil number came back as low of 1.2. I looked back at my past laboratory results and the neutrophil number has been dropping as follows. First it was 3.4, then 3.2, 2.9, 2.7, 2.1...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: If the immune system were being affected, then I would like to look at the whole picture of WBC count (white blood cell) and decide. Psoriatic arthritis is a chronic disease and in chronic diseases, the lymphocytes increase. ...  Read Full »

My finger joints are stiff every morning. Is it a type of arthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I get stiff joints in the fingers (like an elastic effect) when I get up from bed in the morning. I also get ankle pain. After a few movements, I am fine. I consulted a rheumatologist who mentioned that it is psoriatic arthritis. My joint pain is very mild and comes only when I am id...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have an inflammatory joint pain which is causing a stiffness of the joints once they are rested. This is called jelly phenomenon. If you have psoriasis or any member in your family has psoriasis then one can call it psoriatic arthritis. Th...  Read Full »

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »
Dr. Ella Maponya
General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »

Could gastritis cause black stools?
Query: Hi doctor, I have acid reflux problem for the last 5 years. Pain in my throat also happens because of it. For the last eight months, I feel dizzy, vertigo after eating food and sometimes even after drinking water. I have started taking herbal medicines for psoriatic arthritis before six months. Whe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Most likely you are being given steroids or painkillers in the form of herbal supplements, and they have the side effect of gastritis that can cause black stools. Black stools can also be caused by multivitamins. In such case scenario, my strong ...  Read Full »

General Management of Difficult Psoriasis
Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation.  Read Article »

Psoriasis is a chronic genetically influenced immunologically based inflammatory disease of skin and joints. A majority of patients can be managed with topical coal tar, Dithranol and corticosteroids. However, psoriasis has a tendency to recur and may become worse. Moderate to severe psoriasis defin ...  Read Article »

Ayurvedic Management of Psoriasis
Article Overview: In allopathy, the treatment of psoriasis has many limitations and after effects. But, ayurveda has an answer to all this. And, here we are going to discuss the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohd Zahoor Bhat

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder wherein patient's skin has typically red, itchy and scaly patches. Sometimes, the patches are whitish in nature. There are five main types of psoriasis. They are plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular and erythrodermic. In allopathy (modern medicine), management ...  Read Article »

Am I a possible candidate for stroke?
Query: Hi Doctor, I recently lost partial vision in my left eye. I was diagnosed with retinal ischemia by an eye specialist and after an angiogram he suspects a small crystal of plaque to be blocking the blood supply to a portion of my retina. He told me I should see a cardiologist fairly soon, as he has w...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are chances of cardioembolic stroke (some clot or infected vegetation) particle that your ophthalmologist is suspecting. Your Cardiologist will do echocardio and see if any source of that in your heart. For prevention of stroke you take one high dose of Aspirin 325...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Psoriatic Arthritis? We have medical experts to help you right away.