Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Related Terms: Std, Hiv, Hiv Testing, Hiv Infection, Hiv Risk Factors, Unprotected Sex, Acne

Factors influencing Sexually Transmitted Diseases and its Prevention Strategies
Article Overview: Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. This article discusses about the consequences, risk factors and prevention of STDs.  Read Article »

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases are a group of communicable diseases that are transmitted predominantly through sexual contact. The sexually transmitted diseases are caused by bacteria, chlamydia and virus. STDs caused by bacteria include syphilis, chancroid, granuloma i ...  Read Article »

Is viral hepatitis a sexually transmitted disease?
Query: Hello doctor, My 26 year old cousin is suffering from viral hepatitis since the last two years. If he marries, will he transfer the disease to his wife even if she is already vaccinated against hepatitis?  Read Full »
Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What I understand is that your cousin is suffering from chronic hepatitis. It is commonly chronic hepatitis B or chronic hepatitis C. If his wife is vaccinated and her anti-HBs levels are sufficient, she will not contract an infection from him. But there is some risk f...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have UTI because of sexually transmitted disease?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding my urine. I feel I might have urinary tract infection, as I feel slight burning while passing the urine, and once the urine is done for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my urine is cloudy, or milky type at the beginning of the urine. Leukocyte esterase came posi...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Do you have any fever or lower abdominal pain? Have you had any slowing of your urinary stream recently? Is this your first attack of UTI or have you had one before? Y...  Read Full »

Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?
Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), genitals look normal clinically, skin is little dry, I do not see any rash, blister or ulcer which are the manifestation of STD. In the first picture, those white tiny bumps below the glans (...  Read Full »

White layer on my penis. Is it any sexually transmitted disease?
Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. I can observe a white layer on my penis head just beneath the foreskin.  This layer gets removed after washing, but appears again. Is this any sexually transmitted disease?  Read Full »
Dr. Syam Kumar Chandrasekharan
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, there will be a white creamy layer on glans penis (rounded head of the penis), when you pull your foreskin down. It is nothing but smegma - a combination of shed epithelial cells, oily secretion from glans penis and moisture. If there is no pain, ...  Read Full »

I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?
Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a ST...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted disease. Have one vaginal swab to check in the laboratory to exactly know the organism of infection. Have a strict hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to prevent transmission of infection. After collection of vag...  Read Full »

Can I have protective sex with yeast infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a yeast infection. Can I still have sex if my partner uses a condom?  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yeast is not a sexually transmitted disease. It is present everywhere, just that it shows its presence when the good bacteria cannot keep its growth in check. It is fine to have intercourse with your partner. My suggestion would be using a condom during every coitus, as...  Read Full »

Can holding wet toilet door handles lead to STD?
Query: Hello doctor, Just wanted to ask if you can get an STD from wet toilet door handles. I live in a place with shared toilet and was having a standing up urinating. I received a text message whilst urinating and got out my phone to check whilst I was still urinating and I noticed the back of my phone ...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There has been no STD (sexually transmitted disease) identified which can spread through such modes. So, I do not think you need to worry. STD, as the words define, spread by sexual activities and sometimes from mother to fetus. They do not spread through touching ...  Read Full »

I have some skin infection on my penis. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, In the past one month, I am noticing some skin infection on my penis skin when I pull it down. Should I see a skin specialist or sexual disease specialist?  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Skin specialist and STD specialist (sexually transmitted disease) are the same. So, you go to skin specialist only. If you can upload photos and explain the problem. Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-onlin...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Sexually Transmitted Diseases? We have medical experts to help you right away.