Abdominal Discomfort

Related Terms: Abdominal Pain, Gastritis, Exercises, Abdomen Pain, Pantoprazole, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux

I have abdominal discomfort and gurgling sensation after stopping Raciper. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old female. I was taking Raciper plus for 15 days. After stopping, I have upper abdominal discomfort and hunger feeling. The abdomen is gurgling. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I need to know what symptoms were you prescribed Raciper plus for. Did you have the same symptoms before starting the medication? I am providing you a free follow up to answer these questions. Revert with the asked details for a better help. For more ...  Read Full »

Why am I having problems with food digestion and lower abdominal pain?
Query: Hello doctor,I think I suffer from liver and a gastric problem for the past two years. Food is not digested properly. Lower abdomen left side some burning sensation, swelling, and pain were there. Sometimes, I feel the hardness in the lower left abdomen. Bilirubin total is high and bilirubin direct ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ana Karen Pulido
Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your liver tests are normal. The small increase in indirect billirubin alone (as the one you have) most commonly corresponds to Gilbert syndrome, which is totally harmless. This syndrome is hereditary but has no serious consequences. Mild jaundice may appear under co...  Read Full »

Please explain the MRI report for abdominal discomfort.
Query: Hi doctor, I need a detailed MRI review and report for my problem. Is that possible?  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sure, you can upload your scan with a proper history. Also, mention the areas of concern and re-evaluation regarding which aspect of the scan you want to know. That would ultimately benefit you. For more information consult a radiodiagnosis physician online --> h...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hard stools, belly bloating and abdominal discomfort?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had lower left side abdominal discomfort for about 48 hours. Along with this I passed hard stools in pellet form for about frequent 4-5 times a day. I also have belly bloating and gas which gets better with rest. I do not have fever, chills or severe pain. Pain is mild and not c...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available history it seems that you are having dehydration and because of dehydration your stools are not formed properly and you are passing small frequent hard stools. Because of your incomplete evacuation of stools you are having pain and abdominal discomfort....  Read Full »

H. Pylori Infection - Diagnosis and Prevention
Article Overview: H. pylori infection is caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. It resides in the stomach tissues, causing ulcers, gastritis, and abdominal discomfort. This article discusses how this infection can be prevented from spreading.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Helicobacter pylori is a bacteria that is commonly present in stomach lining causing ulcers. This infection is contagious and it spreads from one person to another due to poor maintenance of personal hygiene. It spreads through saliva and fecal contamination of food and water. Causes The stomach e ...  Read Article »

Until how many weeks into the pregnancy is abortion possible?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried girl. I am curious to know about the various options for abortions (medical and surgical) and up to how many days they can be done. I tried to look online but, I got several different answers. So, I thought of asking a doctor about it. Also, I want to know...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medical or chemical termination of pregnancy is safe and effective until 10 weeks. If it is beyond 12 weeks, surgical procedures may be required. If you take an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of a pregnancy. The...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »

I am having cramps in my lower abdomen after taking I-pill. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I took an I-pill 12 days back, and since then I have a cramp in my lower abdomen. It feels as if I will get my periods, but still, I did not get it.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I-pill only makes the hormonal environment unsuitable for the embryo to get attached to the uterus lining. It makes the inner uterine lining thicker, which may not shed immediately. If you have never had a normal delivery before, your cervical opening will be very narr...  Read Full »

Are uric acid medications and Paracetamol harmful to the liver?
Query: Hello doctor,My father is 67 and a patient of hypertension and hypothyroidism. Recently, he has been detected with elevated bilirubin levels. Here are his recent symptoms: occasional mild fever (99 to 100.5 F). No apparent cold symptom. Typhoid test came negative. Mild nausea (feeling better after u...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) look alright except for fatty liver on the ultrasound scan. The liver function is fine. The bilirubin can just be observed, nothing worrisome. I suggest he have Udiliv (Ursodiol) for three t...  Read Full »

What does leg pain and larger clumps of fat around knees and joints mean?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife aged 55 years is suffering from arthritis I believe. She has leg pain for the past five years. She has larger clumps of fat around knees and joints and looks heavily obsessive. The recent health checkup results say that she is vitamin D deficient (6.6 nl/ml) and B12 deficient ...  Read Full »
Dr. Tanvi Mayur Patel
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw her report and photos both (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her weight has to be reduced which can be done through some exercise. Try doing that as much as she can. Her body weight is causing main problems. For her pain, she can take tablet E...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Abdominal Discomfort? We have medical experts to help you right away.