Abdominal Pain

Related Terms: Gastritis, Ultrasound Abdomen, Pantoprazole, Diarrhea, Abdomen Pain, Abdominal Pain During Periods, Abdominal Discomfort

Lower abdominal pain and spotting with a positive pregnancy test. Should I be worried?
Query: Hello doctor,A positive pregnancy test 11 days after menstrual period. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know what the query is regarding? It seems that the person you are concerned is pregnant. Routine antenatal investigations are needed. An early scan at around seven weeks of pregnancy is also warranted. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecolog...  Read Full »

Why do I get abdominal pain on the first and ninth day of my period?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting abdominal pain twice every month. Once during the first day of my period, and then in the middle lower abdomen (where the uterus is) on the 9th day of my period. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many individuals experience such pain. The period day pain is dysmenorrhoea (pain due to menses). The mid-cycle pain is ovulation pain called as Mittelschmerz in our term, due to the release of the egg. This usually indicates the ovulatory cycle.  Read Full »

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your question, most likely it is not colon cancer. The problems are due to disturbed gastrointestinal flora. Our gut consists of its own environment of a microorganism called gut flora. They are responsible for proper digestion of food. Once this flora is depleted...  Read Full »

Can my abdominal pain after cholecystectomy throw me into SVT?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old male, 5'7", 235 lbs. I am suffering from SVT, degenerative disc L4 to S1, ulcerative colitis. Have undergone appendectomy (more than 10 years ago), tonsillectomy (more than 10 years ago), cholecystectomy (three years back). Medicines I am taking are Lopressor 50 mg t...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are most likely a classic case of post cholesystectomy syndrome which occurs roughly after two years post cholecystectomy, like your case. This can be dealt with by dietary modification like fat-restricted diet and oral ursodeoxycholic acid if there are pe...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain with watery stool. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Abdominal pain, starting from yesterday night. Had instant noodle and two eggs for the meal last night. At first, it was severe pain and strange sound in the intestine and could not poop. And then I had diarrhea and poop water. Hardly slept last night du...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a food poisoning. Most importantly, have ORS 100 to 200 ml with each stool and keep yourself rehydrated. Drink as much as possible. You should have tablet Pan D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) before breakfast once a day for 3 to 4 days. You should get pr...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain and diarrhea thrice a day. What is wrong?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from abdominal pain and diarrhea three to four times a day for the last four months. I have gone through colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy followed by a biopsy. As per the biopsy, it is a mild non-specific inflammation. So, my doctor did several tests like fecal calprotect...  Read Full »
Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: Tablet Ondem MD (Ondansetron) 4 mg twice a day, for a month. Tablet Rablet L (a combination of Rabeprazole and levosulpiride) twice a day, for a month. ORS (oral rehydrating solution) up to two or three liters a day, for a month. Tablet Oflox ...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain, and I vomit as soon as I eat something. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male, who has diabetes. For my diabetic problem, I am using Insulin Human Actrapid daily 10 units. Therefore, I am getting weak and getting fits. So far, I have had five fits. I got CT scan of the brain, and there was a small blood clot in the brain. I also have p...  Read Full »
Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a urinary infection, which is causing all your symptoms of vomiting and abdominal pain. The kidneys are not removing toxins from your body and its accumulation is causing all sympto...  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystiti...  Read Full »
Dr. Pratik Patil
General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your reports show plenty of RBCs (red blood cells) in urine, which signifies infection. It could be secondary to renal calculi lodged somewhere up in the kidneys or ureter. It might be so ...  Read Full »

Can lower abdominal pain occur after unprotected sex?
Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding sexually transmitted infection. I had unprotected sex 51 days back. I had mild fever with a very mild burning sensation on my penis for three days after that encounter. I consulted a doctor and she gave five shots of Ceftriaxone for five days. The mild burning ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have been tried on multiple antibiotics on just hit and run basis. Firstly, you were given Ceftriaxone for five days without getting the relevant investigations. Then you took antiviral medications followed by Doxycycline. You have taken a whole load...  Read Full »

Is my lower abdominal pain pointing towards Crohn's disease?
Query: Hi doctor, I had severe abdominal pain with diarrhea a month back. The next day pain subsided, but slight discomfort was there for two weeks. Then, I went to see the doctor who prescribed Flagyl and Rifamixin. The lower abdominal discomfort did not disappear and the stool has not formed yet. Then r...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and post, the thing which is favoring Crohn's disease is normal biopsy colonoscopy. You need to do ASCA (anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies) and a CT enterography. Your CRP (C-reactive ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Abdominal Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.