Achilles Tendonitis.

Related Terms: Ice Pack, Plantar Fasciitis, Arthroscopy, Aceclofenac, Acetaminophen, Ankle Pain, Blood Sugar Levels

What can cause heel pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 67 year old male. I am overweight, mildly diabetic and have high BP. I have pain on backside of my left heel. It increases in the evening. I think I have Achilles tendinitis. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your heel region. Also you have stated that you are diabetic, hypertensive and overweight. There are actually many causes of pain in the heel region, so it can be due to plantar fasciitis which is very common in your age group. It can be due ...  Read Full »

Please give a second opinion regarding my knee surgery.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. When I met with an accident before six years my left leg below knee got injured and the doctors has done wrong surgery. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me details of the accident and the surgery done, so that I can help you further. Please also send me the current x-ray pictures and name of the surgical procedure done. Revert back with reports and more detailed history to an orthopaedician and traumatol...  Read Full »

What might be the reason for feet numbness while playing football?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is now 17 years old. He is a football soccer apprentice in a professional football team. He is generally fit and healthy. He used to train with the team for five days a week and plays a match on Saturday. For a few years, he has been experiencing his feet going numb whilst playing...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Numbness of feet especially at this level where he is playing professional football is really worrisome since numbness is usually related to the nerve compression. As your son does not report any episode of numbness during training, it indicates there is a problem only du...  Read Full »

Why am I getting pain at the back of my calcaneus bone?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel some pain at the back of my calcaneus bone. The pain is especially after the first step in the morning when I wake up from bed. But, there is no redness or swelling. What is the reason for my pain?  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history of pain on the first step in the morning is consistent with a condition called as plantar fasciitis whereas pain in the back or posterior aspect of the heel is seen in retrocalcaneal bursitis. Can you please specify the exact position of pain with the imag...  Read Full »

Please help me with my left foot pain.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left foot pain, as I fell from my two-wheeler. I consulted a doctor and got an x-ray, and he said it's Achilles tendon rupture and tibialis anterior tendonitis. He gave me tablets for five days. But the pain is still there when I walk.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If I agree with his diagnosis, as I have not seen the x-rays, then I will suggest you try taking the following:Tablet Piroxicam 20 mg, twice daily after food.Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg, twice daily for 10 days before food.Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg, twice daily for 30 da...  Read Full »

My mom met with two major falls. Is that due to Achilles tendon weakness?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

What treatment is available for a swollen and paining Achilles tendon?
Query: Hello doctor, About a week ago, I got off the lounge chair and felt a sharp pain in the back of my left ankle. The pain has not changed during the week. The whole ankle is still swollen.  The pain has not changed, and it radiates from inside the heels up to my Achilles and into the lower back p...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, there is no attachment and hence I could not see the clinical picture. You have mentioned about the pain at the back of your ankle along with swelling over the affected region. The injury as described by you could be Achilles Tendinitis or a partial tear in the ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Achilles Tendonitis.? We have medical experts to help you right away.