Acne

Related Terms: Acne Scars, Treatment Of Acne, Benzoyl Peroxide, Isotretinoin, Clindamycin, Management Of Acne, Sunscreen

Acne Vulgaris and it's Management

Article Overview: Acne Vulgaris commonly known as acne is a common skin concern seen in young adults. Though it is related with significant psychological morbidity, it can be managed effectively with daily skin care and medicines  Read Article »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Acne Vulgaris is a common skin concern in adolescents and may sometimes persist in adulthood too. It is a skin disorder involving pilo-sebaceous follicles or oil glands and is therefore seen to involve areas where oil glands are dense. Hence face, chest, back, upper arms are common sites of involvem ...  Read Article »

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses about the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne.  Read Article »
Dr. Kakkar S

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self esteem which restricts ...  Read Article »

Acne - Causes, Types, Home Remedies and Treatment Strategy

Article Overview: Acne is a very common condition encountered among teens and adults. To decide the protocol for treatment of acne, it is important for us to know the causes, conditions associated, sites of acne, the cause of acne and factors affecting the onset of acne. Many home remedies are helpful in treating the acne. Mild and moderate acne can be treated with medication and severe acne with other treatment procedures. Prevention is more important than cure.  Read Article »
Dr. Archana

Acne is a very common skin condition. It commonly starts during puberty but can occur at any age. Although it is not a dangerous condition, acne can leave scars on the skin. Acne appears in different parts of the body like face, chest, and back. Acne affects almost all teenagers in different severit ...  Read Article »

Acne: Skin Care Tips and Treatment Options

Article Overview: Acne is the most common problem faced by teenagers which has a social as well as psychological impact. It is said that about 90 to 95 % of the world population would have suffered from acne at some point in their life. Acne is very common during 13 to 30 years of age. After 30 years of age, acne is considered as 'adult acne' which has strong hormonal influence.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

How Does One Develop Acne? Acne is a disorder of pilosebaceous unit, pilo meaning hair, and sebaceous meaning oil-producing gland. These pilosebaceous glands are densely distributed over the face, neck, chest, back, shoulder, and arms. It also has a genetic component, meaning the appearance/ severi ...  Read Article »

Adult Acne: A Common Problem

Article Overview: Adult acne is more common nowadays with changes in lifestyle and the use of various cosmetic products. The treatment of adult acne is a challenge for many dermatologists and is also frustrating for the patients. Understanding the cause of adult acne helps establish a better strategy for the prevention and treatment of adult acne.  Read Article »
Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Acne is very common in the teenage group. But, when we have acne as an adult, it is very frustrating. The Acne treatment which worked in adolescent age can be useless or even worsen the condition. Many people wonder 'do adults get acne?'. Yes, adults can get acne. Some continue to get acne in their ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor,Recently I have been prescribed Tretinoin 0.25 cream and Benzaclin gel for my mild acne but ever since I started I have been getting dry and flaky skin around my eyes and mouth and burns on my cheek. Which cream is causing this? And how do I continue using them, if so?  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Actually, it is a very common side effect of Tretinoin cream and sometimes Bezclin (Clindamycin and Benzoyl peroxide) also cause it. My opinion is to stop both medicines for a week. If you have severe burning use Hydrocortisone cream onl...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I had acne on my left nostril and left arm. They were small and itchy. When I scratched, blood came out and the area has become red. Even after four days, there is redness with some bulging. There is some inflammation and itching as well. Sometimes, there is also a sensation of itching thr...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Was it just acne or may be some insect bite? Because, in acne there will not be any itching. So, I think it is some insect bite and the same thing happened to another part of the body. Due to scratching you further triggered the inflammation. I suggest the followin...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 32-year-old brother has acne problem on the face and upper back since the last 15 years. He does not smoke or drink.  Read Full »
Dr. Varinder Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, he is suffering from acne vulgaris. As it is spreading to the upper back, it is problematic. Here are some tips for facial hygiene which he can follow: Use a mild soap and avoid medicated ones. While washing the face, the skin of the face ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from hormonal acne for almost nine years now. I do not have any other medical problems nor I am on any medications currently. I did some investigations to rule out what my problem is exactly, testosterone, DHEA, FSH, LH, progesterone, TFT, RBS and the results of all...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have acne. Usually, it is not recommended to do estradiol test for acne. However, you can visit your gynecologist for ruling out polycystic ovarian syndrome because that can give rise to acne...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have had hormonal imbalances my whole life. My menstrual cycle has never been regular. I have acne and coarse hair on my body. My gynecologist said that I have severe PCOD and referred me to an endocrinologist. He asked for some blood tests and I need an evaluation of them as he was ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your symptoms and saw your detailed laboratory tests results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you have a non-classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia in which there is a partial deficiency of 21 alpha hydro...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away.