Aerobic Exercise

Related Terms: Exercises, Obesity, Reduce Weight, Diet And Lifestyle, Lifestyle Modification, Overweight, Pcod

Treadmill or Stationary Cycle: Which Is Better for Aerobic Exercise?
Article Overview: The recommended physical activity for optimal health benefits in healthy adults is thirty minutes of (ten-minute bouts three times a day is also acceptable) moderate-intensity aerobic exercise on most of the days. Traditionally, treadmill and cycle ergometer are the most accepted and accessible forms of aerobic exercise for maintenance and improvement of health. But, if one had to choose between a treadmill and a cycle ergometer, then a treadmill could be preferred because of higher fat oxidation and energy expenditure.  Read Article »
Dr. Mayank Agarwal
Fitness Expert

Research has proven that the treadmill results in higher fat oxidation than a cycle ergometer exercise at equivalent exercise-intensity or workload done by children, women, men, athletes, and obese adolescents. The cardiovascular stress caused by treadmill walking is also less than that caused by c ...  Read Article »

How to overcome my obesity problem? Please give me suggestions.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have an obesity problem. I have a weight of 88 kilograms and a height of 168 cm. Please give me suggestions for reducing weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do regular exercise for five to six times a week. Do aerobic exercise along with weight training. Stop eating junk foods. Have a good sleep for seven to eight hours. Stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol, if you have this habit. If you have stress, then find wa...  Read Full »

Is gym workout good for health and stress?
Query: Hello doctor, Is gym workout good for health and stress? Please suggest me as I want to join the gym.  Read Full »
Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any kind of workout is good for health and stress. In particular, aerobic exercises like walking, running on a treadmill, Zumba dancing, etc., are good for overall health. It not only helps lose weight but also controls blood pressure, blood sugar, serum triglyceride...  Read Full »

How can behavior with dogs be changed?
Query: Hi doctor, I have three kids and three dogs. Our dogs steal shoes from porch and wander outside fence. We all treat it as normal behavior and try to teach them peacefully. But they of course do not listen. And my husband hits them with shoes regularly trying to teach them not to steal shoes. It hap...  Read Full »
Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the root cause of the dog stealing shoes, it is advisable mostly that dogs have pent up energy, so making sure they get a good aerobic exercise especially day time helps them to sober down along with 5 to 10 minutes of attention with giving a chewy toy or obje...  Read Full »

Why is my postprandial glucose 200 despite diet control and exercise?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old, male, 105 kg, 6 feet in height. Recently, I have been diagnosed with diabetes. I am not on any medication. I am strictly controlling food and doing regular aerobic exercises. My one hour postprandial BG is always around 200.  Read Full »
Dr. Sreejith Mg
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please update your FBS (fasting blood sugar) and HbA1c (glycosylated hemoglobin). Anyway, your sugar values are high. So, you have to take the necessary precautions to prevent the progression of the disease. First is adequate exercise. Daily do aerobic exercise for at l...  Read Full »

Why is diabetes not under control even after taking medications?
Query: Hello doctor, I take GP3 before lunch and dinner, Obimate SR 1 gm after lunch and dinner, Tryglynase 2 before breakfast but diabetes is not coming under control. I have attached my report.  Read Full »
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There are three ways to control diabetes. Diet, exercise, medicines (oral or Insulin). No matter how good your blood sugar reports are, you should definitely follow a strict anti-diabetic diet and do regular daily aerobic exercises like wa...  Read Full »

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair Mohammad
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »

What do raised insulin and cholesterol levels indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, I seem to have high cholesterol for the first time and high insulin levels. Please go through my reports and advise. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Only few abnormalities noted. Raised insulin levels indicate that your body is becoming resistant to Insulin. It means that you are at risk of becoming diabetic in near future. The solution...  Read Full »

Are the medicines I am taking for chronic diarrhea effective for my condition?
Query: Hello doctor,My weight is 47 kg, and my height is 5 feet and 9 inches. I was diagnosed with chronic diarrhea. The doctor has suggested medicines like Normaxin, Rifagut 400 and VSL#3. Are these effective for chronic diarrhea and gas? What foods should I take so that I start gaining some weight?  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medicines you are on are usually used to treat chronic diarrhea. In addition, I can suggest a few things. Avoid the long-term use of these medicines. Keep it handy for troublesome situations only. Try to lead a stress and anxiety-free life, as these can alter your ...  Read Full »

Can bariatric surgery be repeated?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am suffering from hypothyroidism and for which I am taking Thyroxine 175 mcg daily. My height is 5'10" and my current weight is 127 kg. Two years ago, I had sleeve gastrectomy and lost only 20 kg. The surgeon now advised me to get gastric bypass surgery. But I am not...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the reports (attachment removed to protect identity). Your testosterone level is normal. Though on the lower side of the normal range, there is nothing needs to be done to increase testosterone. There are medications to increase testostero...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Aerobic Exercise? We have medical experts to help you right away.