Allergic Bronchitis

Related Terms: Bronchitis, Chest X- Ray, Allergic Rhinitis, Montelukast, Asthma, Steam Inhalation, Budesonide

Do high eosinophil count and low Hb level indicate allergic reaction?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 27 year old female who has been suffered from hay fever for some years. Now, she has now been referred to the Chest Clinic with breathing difficulties. She has commented that her condition appears to worsen when she visits her friend, who is a cat owner. On examination, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The history and reports are suggestive towards allergic bronchitis, or asthma-like condition. The wheezing is indicative of bronchoconstriction (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Low hemoglobin value evaluated separately with peripheral smear examination and a...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?
Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. Your symptoms are suggestive of allergic bronchitis. You are having an allergy to cold as per mentioned in the history. I suggest you investigate your CBC (complete blood count) and spirometry to assess the severity and ...  Read Full »

Does our doctor's prescription say that my daughter has asthma?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 2 year 3 months old. Once she had very bad wheezing and flicking due to wood smoke in the home. Later, I took her to hospital and the doctor kept her in observation. He gave her Levolin for every 15 minutes for three cycles and Montelukast granules. After that, she started ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your daughter seems to be having chemical pneumonitis or allergic bronchitis. At this point of time, we should not label her as having asthma. Allergic bronchitis will settle in two to three weeks and sometime, persist for a few months. Moreover, ...  Read Full »

How do I know if I am allergic to a specific thing?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 years old male. My IgE levels in the past two years were 1411 and 869.0 IU/mL respectively. Do I need to check now? Also the absolute eosinophil counts were 800 and 240. My TSH was high and it got treated. I feel allergic to dust, eggplant (tongue itch), perfume, fragrance, etc...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you do have allergy tendencies in your body which are associated with asthma or allergic bronchitis and high IgE levels. Also you have associated skin issues like urticaria or atopic dermatitis which are all connected together. Well, the first line is usually...  Read Full »

Why do I have cough periodically?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an electrical engineering student. My age is 21 years. I have been facing some problems in the last five years. I get cough almost every month. When I get cough, I feel uneasy. If I do not take any medicine, water comes out of my nose and irritates me. I consulted many doctors. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is clear from your case history and symptoms that you are suffering from two disorders namely: Allergic rhinitis. Allergic bronchitis. Kindly get the following tests done from a good lab so that I can evaluate your reports and prescribe you the appropriate ...  Read Full »

What can be done for severe dry cough and sore throat?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 56 years old. For last one month or so she is suffering from a sore throat and dry cough. Cough is severe. Throat problem improves and detoriates periodically. She has a history of an asthmatic problem. We have consulted doctors and she has taken three courses of antibiot...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have evaluated the history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems she is suffering from chronic allergic bronchitis. Now, her chest X-ray is non-specific. My recommendations would be first of all to get a CECT chest and a pulmonary func...  Read Full »

Is antibiotic a must for seasonal allergic cough?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past three years, I have been suffering from allergic cough. I have cough only during the months of September and October. It stretches for a period of 1-2 months. This time my PCP gave me a Decadron shot and within few hours my cough has got better. Should I buy the prescribed a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the conversation, I understand that you are a 33 year old male suffering from cough especially during the months of September and October through the years. Therefore, it is clear that you are suffering from allergic bronchitis. It is considered to be seasonal. T...  Read Full »

I have flu from a couple of weeks. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 64 year old male, and I weight 80 kg, and my height is 1.62 m. I have this terrible flu from the last couple of weeks. I had three courses of antibiotic Clarithromycin for three days only, and I think that is the reason that the virus became stronger. I was also given two pills of ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you do not have any virus. The virus does not survive in the body for more than five days. The second thing is, viruses are not killed by any antibiotics. You are actually suffering from acute allergic bronchitis, and this requires patience and symptomatic ...  Read Full »

Nothing seems to help my prolonged throat irritation. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old male. I had a seizure episode about 15 years ago and skin tuberculosis, for which I was hospitalized and treated. I was not on any kind of medications until a year later. But during that period, I was unable to concentrate on my sales job. I could not speak fluen...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can understand your concern. Here are the facts and the solution for your queries: Firstly, you seem to be taking too many medicines since too long, which is not a good thing because every medicine has its side effects. You are suffering from allergic bronchit...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Allergic Bronchitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.