Allergy In Eyes

Related Terms: Allergy, Levocetirizine, Montelukast, Fexofenadine, Mometasone, Redness In Eyes, Allergic Conjunctivitis

5-year-old has poor vision. Will eye exercises suffice or does he need glasses?
Query: Hello doctor,My 5 year old son has poor vision -2.0. He improves his eyesight by doing eye exercises himself. Should he wear eyeglasses?  Read Full »
Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know whether you have got his cycloplegic refraction or not. Is this just auto refractometer finding or final refractive power? Anyways, I will suggest you get a repeat cycloplegic refraction done at a good center by an optometrist who is experienced. Seco...  Read Full »

My baby's eyes are red and pupils are whitish. Can you help me?
Query: Hello doctor, My 9 month old baby boy is having some issue in the left eye. Before a week, suddenly one day, I saw his left eye half red and then it slowly subsided. But now, there is some little part of his left eye seems to be permanently reddish and some part of his eye pupil edge looks whitish....  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like an allergic reaction. I suggest the following: Kindly make sure you change his sheets and pillow to hypoallergenic ones. If there is a pet in the house, please keep the...  Read Full »

Swelling and irritation continue a month after conjunctivitis. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old woman. I have been diagnosed with conjunctivitis a month ago. After initial medication, the pain reduced a little, but swelling still remains. I have a feeling of irritation (like something pricking inside the eye). Hence, I visited a hospital again. My doctor gave ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not the site of conjunctival melanoma. Most probably, it appears to be a tarsal gland inflammation due to allergy which is known as giant cobblestones. I suggest adding Olopatadine 0.2 percent along with your therapy. Also, add refresh liquigel...  Read Full »

I have a tiny clear bubble in my eye. Is this of concern?
Query: Hello doctor,On my left eye, on the corner, nearest my nose on the sclera there is a tiny clear bubble. I have has this for years and it does not bother me. On the conjunctiva, it appears also a little puffy but I have noticed on the lacrimal caruncle there seems to be a red little spot. My eyes are...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The clear bubble is kind of retention cyst which is completely harmless. Only trouble if it causes red eye or heaviness while eye movements. Which you are not having.Secondly, I have seen your ...  Read Full »

Half of the left eye is red and slightly swollen near the cornea. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, Half part of my left eye became red and slightly swollen near the cornea. I tried Ciplox and Ceflox and Festive D, but these are not working. There is no pain or no blurred vision, I have itchiness and allergy. Please suggest some eye drop for red-eye and itchiness. I shall be highly ...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The main symptoms of allergy include itching and redness as you mentioned. Festive D drops will be more than enough to treat any eye allergy. Festive D can be used four times a day for 4 to 5 days. On the other hand, if you are having lots of sticky discharge from your...  Read Full »

My eye got swollen after wearing contact lenses all day. Will it heal on its own?
Query: Hello doctor,I have twice in the last two weeks scratched the cornea of my eye. The first time was two weeks ago when I was wearing my contacts for an extended time (no more than normal) and started feeling severe pain, tearing, swelling of my right eye. It felt like the contact in my eye folded ove...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have a huge epithelial defect due to trauma caused by contact lenses. But the possibility of infection can only be ruled out by examining your eye. It would have been great if you would have attached a photograph but, let me suggest some medication ...  Read Full »

Allergic Conjunctivitis and Its Treatment Options
Article Overview: Allergic conjunctivitis is a very commonly seen disease in the ophthalmology OPD. Allergy as a disorder usually involves the whole body and does not only involve specific organs of the body. Although the symptoms like watering, itching, redness, blurred vision are quite troublesome, the allergic reaction per se is just a bodily defense mechanism designed to isolate and seal away or destroy foreign objects by our immune system. This article looks at the various ways in which allergy, eye allergies in particular, can present, the effects of longstanding allergic conditions of the eye and the effects of treatment with their side effects.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

An allergy is simply a hypersensitivity reaction of the body to various foreign substances referred to as allergens. Allergens, if found to be from within the patient's body itself, give rise to a group of disorders called as autoimmune diseases. Here we will be looking in particular at only allergi ...  Read Article »

I have swollen eyelids that developed from itchy eyes. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a swollen eye around the eyelids that developed from itchy eyes and later had pain. The itchy eye with a dry dark patch around the outer part of the eyelids condition has been on and off for five months. Sometimes, teary and sometimes itchy and painful. It is mostly the right e...  Read Full »
Dr. Rasmi
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Really, I read your query many times to define the problem. There is something. If they already diagnosed an allergic problem, then why did they give you Dermofix which is the treatment of fungal infection? For today, this problem of the eyelid may be an acute funga...  Read Full »

Why do I have red eyes?
Query: Hello doctor,I have red eyes for three days. What could be the reason and what is to be done? I wear contact lenses, there is no swelling, and I work in front of the computer.  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be two reasons for red eye in your case: 1. Allergy due to contact lenses. 2. Conjunctivitis. If you have changed the brand of contacts or you have just started wearing contacts, it is allergy. I will suggest Fluorometholone plus Tobramycin eye drop four ti...  Read Full »

There is dirt in my eyes every evening and eyes are red. Please help me.
Query: Hello doctor, I got this eye problem three days ago. I do not know what happens but when it is evening, I notice that there is a frequent watery eye dirt in my eyes, sometimes it is a little bit only and sometimes a lot. But, it is very frequent like every minute like that. So that the veins in my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rasmi
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know whether the dirt is white or yellow. However, it seems to be allergic. For this, I suggest you can use (Sodium Cromoglycate or antihistamine) drops. Wash your eyes with water (not warm) as well. If no result, the problem may be an infection. Most proba...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Allergy In Eyes? We have medical experts to help you right away.