Medical Advice on "Amoxicillin"

I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved ... Shall I try Amoxicillin again … View thread »

No, Azithromycin and Amoxicillin plus Clavulanate potassium work via different mechanisms ... Amoxicillin attaches to the cell wall of susceptible bacteria and results in their death thus it is a bactericidal compound while Clavulanic acid is a β-lactam drug that functions as a mechanism-based β-Lactamase inhibitor (an enzyme secreted by many bacteria for their defense against Amoxicillin) … View thread »

I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection … View thread »

Also, on her next appointment, should she go ahead and take the 2g of Amoxicillin as usual, or Ciprofloxacin or what can be used as a pre-medication … View thread »

I am allergic to Penicillin and earlier had Amoxicillin-Clavulanate antibiotic-induced elevated SGOT and SGPT of the liver ... Now, this time, the doctor prescribed Cefpodoxime instead of the Amoxicillin-Clavulanate combined antibiotic … View thread »

Mymox (Amoxicillin) is an antibiotic and has nothing to do with lactation or milk production … View thread »

Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy … View thread »

Yes, Augmentin (Amoxicillin) is safe in pregnancy … View thread »

Yes, Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is one of the best oral medications for streptococcal respiratory tract infection … View thread »

If you are taking Amoxicillin for your toothache, then let me educate you it is  ... Taking two Amoxicillin tablets will reduce your infection and not your pain … View thread »

Do you have a question on Amoxicillin? We have medical experts to help you right away.