Medical Advice on "Amoxicillin"

As you have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first. Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days … View thread »

Welcome to . I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. The allergic reaction can be due to Amoxicillin only, because Acetaminophen and Codeine will not cause any allergic reaction. I suggest you to stop Amoxicillin. You can use any of the Cephalosporin … View thread »

I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Amoxicillin is still a better antibiotic for dental abscess as compared to other medicines. It is the first choice of medicine even for dental abscess. It is better to continue with … View thread »

Cefpodoxime and Amoxicillin being different classes of drugs, will not cause an allergy if the other one causes. Cefpodoxime is safe in patients with liver injury, at least in moderate doses. For the throat problem, I would advise in addition to antibiotics, some … View thread »

Mymox (Amoxicillin) is an antibiotic and has nothing to do with lactation or milk production. Sudden weaning of baby may lead to both physical and emotional effects on both the mother and her baby. Gradual weaning is good. Medical suppression of lactation is not … View thread »

Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy. I suggest taking it along with Cetirizine 10 mg at night if you sneeze a lot. Also, do warm saline gargling if you have a sore throat. For further … View thread »

Yes, Augmentin (Amoxicillin) is safe in pregnancy. Please go ahead. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> … View thread »

If you are taking Amoxicillin for your toothache, then let me educate you it is an antibiotic and not a painkiller. So, if you want to kill the pain, I suggest taking a tablet with a combination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol after meals. The … View thread »

I will not recommend Meftal (Mefenamic acid) or Novamox (Amoxicillin) at this time. There are many different reasons for fever at this age including viral infections, upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections. A fever means the body is trying to fight … View thread »

Acute sinusitis should be treated with 10 days of Amoxicillin and what you are having is acute on chronic sinusitis. I would suggest completing the course for next five days. Continue the steaming and use saline nasal spray. Do not blow your nose so hard. If … View thread »

Do you have a question on Amoxicillin? We have medical experts to help you right away.