Amoxicillin

Related Terms: Clavulanic Acid, Augmentin, Paracetamol, Antibiotics, Ibuprofen, Root Canal Treatment, Fever

Shall I take Amoxicillin for cough?
Query: Hi doctor, Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.  Read Full »
Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first. Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days.  Read Full »

Does Azithromycin work the same as Amoxicillin Clavulanate tablet?
Query: Hello doctor, Does (Inozith-250) Azithromycin work the same as (Clavu-nova 625) Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium Tablet USP? I am using to treat a back/chest problem I had two years back which the doctor prescribed Inozith-250 for me. I used the same drug when I had a similar problem and I am ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amritagarwal
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, Azithromycin and Amoxicillin plus Clavulanate potassium work via different mechanisms. Azithromycin is an antibiotic useful for the treatment of a number of bacterial infections. Azithromycin is a type of macrolide antibiotic. It works by decreasing the productio...  Read Full »

Can I give P-250 and Amoxicillin for fever to 3 years old child?
Query: Hi doctor, My son age 3 years old has a fever since yesterday noon, till now I have given six times P-250 5 ml dosage, the fever reduces and comes back in three hours. The temperature goes 102.8 F in the underarm. Now at 2.30 PM, I have given Amoxicillin 125 mg 5 ml with P-250. Otherwise, he is nor...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. A fever has multiple causes, the most common causes are viral fever, throat inflammation. Usually, these illness does not require antibiotics (Amoxicillin). Antibiotics should be started only in a bacterial infection that too after doctor's re...  Read Full »

Can allergic reaction occur due to Tylenol 3 or Amoxicillin?
Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection. I immediately took one Amoxicillin as I walked out of the dental office and for the rest of th...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. The allergic reaction can be due to Amoxicillin only, because Acetaminophen and Codeine will not cause any allergic reaction. I suggest you to stop Amoxicillin. You can use any of the Cephalosporin ins...  Read Full »

A patient with a fresh knee replacement has taken pre-medication Amoxicillin 2g.What antibiotic can be given for her tooth abscess?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a patient with a fresh knee replacement, and of course takes pre-medication Amoxicillin 2g, one hour pre-treatment. She now has a tooth abscess and I want to give her antibiotics. My thought is, since she has to always use Penicillin as a pre-medication, I would change the antib...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Amoxicillin is still a better antibiotic for dental abscess as compared to other medicines. It is the first choice of medicine even for dental abscess. It is better to continue with amo...  Read Full »

Is Cefpodoxime safe for a person who had liver injury with Amoxicillin-Clavulanate?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a painful sore throat and tonsillitis for two weeks. I am allergic to Penicillin and earlier had Amoxicillin-Clavulanate antibiotic-induced elevated SGOT and SGPT of the liver. With treatment, I fully recovered. Now, this time, the doctor prescribed Cefpodoxime ins...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cefpodoxime and Amoxicillin being different classes of drugs, will not cause an allergy if the other one causes. Cefpodoxime is safe in patients with liver injury, at least in moderate doses. For the throat problem, I would advise in addition to antibiotics, some go...  Read Full »

Is Mymox used to stop lactation?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife wants to stop breastfeeding our ten months old daughter because our daughter is healthy and weighs 12 kg. We gave her store-bought milk so that she does not form a habit of sucking mother's milk. My wife's breast milk quantity is enough to satisfy our daughter's needs. But ou...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mymox (Amoxicillin) is an antibiotic and has nothing to do with lactation or milk production. Sudden weaning of baby may lead to both physical and emotional effects on both the mother and her baby. Gradual weaning is good. Medical suppression of lactation is not adv...  Read Full »

Is Augmentin 625 safe to take during the third week of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am three weeks pregnant, and I am suffering from a chest infection. So an ENT specialist doctor prescribed Augmentin 625 tablet. I wanted to know if it is safe to use this antibiotic, as I am pregnant.  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a category B drug, which otherwise means it is very safe in pregnancy. I suggest taking it along with Cetirizine 10 mg at night if you sneeze a lot. Also, do warm saline gargling if you have a sore throat. For further que...  Read Full »

Can I take Augmentin during pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old with a weight of 74 kg. I am 3 weeks pregnant. I have a severe chest infection. Is it fine to take the antibiotic Augmentin Duo 620? Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Augmentin (Amoxicillin) is safe in pregnancy. Please go ahead. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for streptococcus pneumonia?
Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath (worsens on mild exertion), barking cough, fever, joint pain, headaches, and exhaustion. It feels like asthma but does not respond to asthma medicines. I have tachycardia and palpitations too. What is the most effective antibiotic treatment for streptococcus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is one of the best oral medications for streptococcal respiratory tract infection. The dose is Augmentin Duo 1 gm two times a day for five days. This has to be taken with antacids like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Amoxicillin? We have medical experts to help you right away.