Anal Discomfort

Related Terms: Constipation, Root Canal Treatment, Anal Itching, Hemorrhoids, Abdominal Discomfort, Anal Bleeding, Anal Fissure

Can anal pain be related to piles?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to know about piles. For the past two days, I am having little bit pain in the anus. I want to know if it is piles or not.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most probably it is an early degree of piles. Piles is a condition where the congested veins along with the covering mucosal layer protrude from the anus. It has four degrees, the ...  Read Full »

My anus is itchy. Do I have anything to worry about?
Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, my anus started to become itchy. I think it maybe after a bowel movement. I have been eating more nuts than usual. It does not hurt, but gives me the urge to itch. Is this normal? Never had this problem before, not that I remember. Can I use this cream (external link removed)...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Itching around the anus can be due to multiple reasons. Any parasitic infestation like pinworm is a common thing. Other possibilities are fungal infection or simply just perianal soiling. You can use the cream well. Keep the area dry and hygienic. If not settling ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting some irritation around anus?
Query: Hi doctor, It has been two days that I am feeling some irritation around anus. Today, I noticed some small lumps that are tender to touch and causing mild irritation regularly. Apart from that I have upset stomach and I am getting semi-solid motion. A month back, I had a stone in the urinary tract, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that you have recurrent anal fissures. You can see it in the picture as a tear (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and these will be very painful. Do you have a family history of colon cancer? Did you have a colonoscopy? Do you have a complete b...  Read Full »

Skin Around My Anus Have White Spots
Query: Hi doctor, For about a month or so, I have been dealing with what I thought was hemorrhoids. I have used preparation H suppositories and some cream and they seem to help some. The pain starts after or during a bowel movement and there is blood on the toilet paper almost every time I wipe. Today, I d...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like skin growth outside the anus and not hemorrhoids (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do consult your nearby surgeon as early as possible and do whatever required. You may need a biopsy of the lesion for diagnosis. You may also need a colonosc...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms mean cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I had an anal fissure a few months back due to constipation and it got healed with medication. For a week, I have constipation due to the change in my diet and lack of water intake. Whenever I had a bowel movement, I would get some prickly sensation in the anal...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of constipation associated with pricking pain and itching in the anal area as well as blood in stools lead to a unified diagnosis of anal fissure. An anal fissure is a small tear or crack in the lining of the anus. It may occur when passing large or hard s...  Read Full »

Anal Fissure: Causes, Prevention, and Treatments.
Article Overview: Pain in the anus is one of the most common complaints encountered in the outpatient clinics. The pain is sometimes described by the patient as 'my worst pain ever. This article provides some suggestions on how to avoid facing this annoying issue by making few dietary and lifestyle changes.  Read Article »

An anal fissure is a tear or ulcer that develops in the lining of the anal canal after passing a hard motion. Actually, it affects one in ten people at some point in their lives. All age groups and both sexes are affected equally. Causes Constipation is the most common cause either by itself or ...  Read Article »

What can cause blood in stools?
Query: Hi doctor, I am facing an embarrassing problem. Since last two weeks, I feel like going to the toilet more than once, while usually I do it only once in the morning. Also, I am a bit uncomfortable as all day it feels like I have not cleared my bowel activities for the day. Recently, about four days...  Read Full »
Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you are having these concerns. I am trying to explain some of the causes which might be responsible for bleeding while you have bowel movements, but without a physical examination it would be impossible to determine the real cause. Fresh red blood ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some cure for pruritis ani.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin condition. As per my research, it could be pruritus ani. But I am sure I would get a proper and accurate diagnosis from your end. I have a severe itchy bum and have been suffering from the same for almost eight years. I have never had the courage to consult a dermatologist ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns as I have analyzed each detail that you have provided. I have managed lots of cases with matching condition and feel that you too will make good use of the information and suggestions. First please get your stool tests done on three conse...  Read Full »

Pain in the Butt After Anal Sex. How To Prevent It?
Query: Hello doctor, I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might eve...  Read Full »

There is a painless bump near anus. Please suggest some medicine.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a painless peanut size bump near the outer side of my anus. I have attached snaps for your reference. It has been there since last 10 years. But, for the past one year I feel it is growing. Sometimes, it bleeds, but no pain at all. It is just like an extended mass and it feels ver...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have a fissure and bleeding was from the fissure site as seen in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bump you are showing is hemorrhoid near the fissure. You might have chronic constipation in the past due to which you require st...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Anal Discomfort? We have medical experts to help you right away.