Anal Itching

Related Terms: Constipation, Sitz Bath, Anal Fissure, Anal Discomfort, Avoid Constipation, Hemorrhoids, Piles

I have anal itching, pain and bleeding. I am embarrassed. Please help.
Query: Hi,I am approaching you since I am concerned about a situation regarding which I am very embarrassed.  I am a 43 year old female. I am normally healthy. I am 178cm tall and I weigh 75kg.  Around 9-12 months ago, I started to suffer from anal itching. It is rather intense at night, after passing s...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your entire history and have understood your concern. I also understand your hesitation in discussing your problems with anyone. Coming to your complaints, the anal bleeding, pain, itching are all due to trauma to the anus and anal canal. The anal canal is physio...  Read Full »

How to resolve anal itching?
Query: Hello doctor,My son is 3 years old. He eats too much chocolates and sweets. His health is down and having anus itching. He has worms. What to do? I am very sad and upset about his health.  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Rekapalli
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to worry much, as the perianal itch is due to pinworm most of the times. It can easily be treated with antihelmintics combined with hand and other hygiene. Kindly meet your doctor for dose of the drug and proper prescription. Eating lots of sweets ha...  Read Full »

What should I apply for anal itching?
Query: Hello doctor, I feel very itchy around the anus. It feels like I need to press around the periphery for it to stop. There is no pain, just irritation. I have had hemorrhoids once before, but this is not the same. I do not feel any pimples or problems in opening bowel. I tried Glyvenol cream for a f...  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should apply Calamine lotion at the place where it is itching thrice a day for a week and take tablet Loratadine 10 mg once a day for a week. I would like to review after a week and please send me the picture of it. Revert back with the photographs to an internal ...  Read Full »

What dose of Nemocid is recommended for a 3 year old?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue to give Nemocid (Pyrantel Pamoate) and follow the dose of 2.5 ml for every six months. If he has any other symptoms like anal itching, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain, you can give Nemoacid 2.5 ml twice a week. You can also give Bandy plus. It is...  Read Full »

Which medicines are used to treat parasitic infection?
Query: Hi Doctor, Which anthelmintic medicine would you recommend for a treatment for a possible parasitic infection (worm)? Is it Albendazole? If yes, for how many days? I do have some itchiness around my anus area and cannot get a doctor appointment here.  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. It is important to find out which type of worm infection you are suffering from. There are hundreds of worms which enter the body and the treatment varies depending on the type of the worm. So, ideally you should get a stool routine/microscopy done. It is a simple te...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help
Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »

I have weight loss due to digestion issues. How to gain the weight back?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from digestion issues, mostly bloating, from more than seven months. While taking medicines, I was feeling fine, and once I stopped them, my symptoms recurred. My present symptoms include indigestion, constipation, improper motions, low appetite, weight loss, inabilit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). As far as your questions are concerned, the following are my answers. Just go on an empty stomach so that if required, they can do an endoscopy. All the tests can be performed on an empty stomach. I personal...  Read Full »

Is chronic ileitis a curable one?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from IBS since the last year. I am getting diarrhea whenever I eat outside food. Recently, I have been detected with chronic ileitis with activity after colonoscopy. I am ready to send the reports for kind perusal of gastroenterologist. Is it curable? I am now o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these ulcers can be healed. But, it will take some time. Colonoscopy shows multiple ulcers in terminal ileum. The cause of these ulcers could be Crohn's disease, tubercular ulcers or chronic non-specific ulcers which heal by their own. But, your report does ...  Read Full »

Pain around the anus while walking. Does Annovate cream cause skin thinning?
Query: Hi doctor, Around 1 year ago, I was diagnosed with anal fissure. My doctor has prescribed me a topical steroid cream, Anovate and I used it for about eight months. My fissure was healed, but I was left with constant pain, itching and pricking sensation around the anus while walking. I was not able ...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal fissure develops due to erosion of anal mucosa during hard straining particularly in constipated person. This is the main cause for it. So, prevention or treatment of constipation is very important. Once the anal mucosa get eroded due to straining, then the norm...  Read Full »

Ayurvedic Management of Anal Fistula
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about ksharsutra, a unique therapy and a minimal invasive para surgical measure practiced in the management of anal fistula or Bhagandara cases.  Read Article »
Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

The Kshara karma is one of the Anushastra karma, a minimal invasive para-surgical measure. Ksharsutra is the method of Ksharakarma mainly employed in fistula-in-ano (anal fistula) and hemorrhoids (piles). This unique method has many advantages over conventional surgical methods, as this is an a ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Anal Itching? We have medical experts to help you right away.