Anal Sex

Related Terms: Hiv Testing, Hiv Risk Factors, Hiv, Std, Unprotected Sex, Oral Sex, Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Had anal sex with a HIV positive person. What is the chance of infection?
Query: Hi doctor,My partner is HIV positive. We had anal rubbing, but we used protection (condom). Also, there was no discharge and not even precum. The anus was also dry during that time. What is the chance of me getting affected?  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A known case of HIV is always a potential candidate for transfer of infection. However, the infectivity levels differ according to his stage of disease, CD4 count and viral load titers. Anal intercourse does have a higher risk of disease transmission than the other modes ...  Read Full »

Can protected anal sex still lead to HIV?
Query: Hello doctor, I met a man who was a foreigner. During the winter, one night we went to a restaurant in and after that we went to a bar for some drinks and then to a food store. I had not dressed appropriately for the cold weather and I had no hat or scarf and it was very cold. We ended up going to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Protected anal sex and fingering is safe and there is no risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). However, receiving unprotected oral sex carries a very low risk even though saliva is not considered infectious, provided he didn't have oral sores or bleeding gums. ...  Read Full »

What could be the tear in anus after anal sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool. But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your wife had an anal fissure, due to the tear. You should have a look at the strand that is hanging from the anus and locate it and then consult me. Depending on that, we should be able to better help her. However, it is most im...  Read Full »

Pain in the Butt after anal sex. How to prevent it?
Query: Hello doctor, I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might eve...  Read Full »

Is it safe to have anal sex?
Query: Hello doctor,There is slight bleeding after anal sex. I had a drop-by-drop bleeding the next morning after passing stool.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had mild trauma due to penetration in the anal sphincter which is causing bleeding. You will need to follow few steps: Sitz bath which means, putting three tablespoons of common salt in a small tub of lukewarm water and placing your butt in it ...  Read Full »

Why am I having diarrhea after anal sex?
Query: Hello doctor, My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube. Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it. T...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself. It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not ha...  Read Full »

There is fish smell in feces after unprotected anal sex. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male that had unprotected anal sex. Two days after, my feces have a very light fish smell with mucus, Very light abdominal pain and light pain in both testicles (always had very light pain in my testicles but feeling it the second day after anal sex makes me a littl...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was this exposure? Unprotected anal exposure carries a high risk of acquisition of HIV and other STIs. The symptoms could have various reasons. I suggest you get tested for HIV and other STIs (sexually transmitted infections). You can get fourth generation HIV ra...  Read Full »

What are the chances of contracting HIV through unprotected anal sex?
Query: Hi doctor, My fiancee and I are not known HIV positive. But we have had unprotected anal sex ten times so far. Can we be infected with HIV?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you both do not have HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), then from where can HIV come? Only certain body fluids from a person who is infected with HIV can transmit the infection to an uninfected person through sex (anal, vaginal, or oral), through blood transfusion, an...  Read Full »

Can unprotected oral sex lead to HIV?
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected oral sex with a CSW. I ejaculated in her mouth. She ran quickly to spit. I do not know if she was HIV positive or not. Should I be worried about my health?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unprotected receptive oral sex is safer than unprotected vaginal or anal sex but not entirely safe. There is a negligible risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and other STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like herpes, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis...  Read Full »

I kissed someone who had HPV. Could I be infected?
Query: Hi doctor,I kissed someone who had HPV, about three weeks ago. I have been having diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain for the past three days. I also threw up today. Could I have been infected?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV (human papillomavirus) is spread through sexual route. It is a sexually transmitted disease. The common mode of spread is through vaginal or anal sex. Sometimes, it can be spread through oral sex also. For diarrhea, symptomatic management is done as follows: ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Anal Sex? We have medical experts to help you right away.