Androgenetic Alopecia

Related Terms: Minoxidil, Hair Loss, Finasteride, Hairfall, Male Pattern Baldness, Control Hair Loss, Telogen Effluvium

Why is there hair thinning and loss of density after delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old woman. I have two kids. After my second delivery, my hair became so thin. I lost my hair density. Before my delivery, my normal hair will be so thick. Thyroid, sugar level, hemoglobin are normal. I am taking Vitamin supplements also. There is no improvement. Why have...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Perhaps you have androgenetic alopecia. Androgenetic alopecia mainly affects the front, mid and vertex part of the scalp. In this type of alopecia, there is hair loss and thinning which manifests as reduced hair density and volume. Minoxidil and oral Finasteride are approve...  Read Full »

Initially Minoxidil helped me in growing hair, but not now. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am using Minoxidil for nine months now for the bald patches on my head. A little progress was seen between 3 to 4 months but no progress recorded afterwards. Can you suggest me what is wrong or if I should change my prescription?  Read Full »
Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. You can use Minoxidil for androgenetic alopecia and it takes times in a few people to gain full results. Sometimes there can be shedding of hair in between but you will recover from it if you keep using it. So stick to it. 2. You can also add tablet Finasteride 1 m...  Read Full »

I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. I was on Rogaine 5 %, Finax 1 mg, but losing lots of hair from the vertex.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your history looks like you have androgenetic alopecia, which is a genetic and hormonal hair loss. Are you still using Rogaine and Finax? Minoxidil and Finasteride are the medicine of choice for androgenetic alopecia. Can you please upload your clinical pictures so...  Read Full »

I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last ...  Read Full »
Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 1...  Read Full »

How can I grow more hair and stop hairfall?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to grow more hair and hair thickness and avoid losing hair and thinning hair. Please check my pictures and advise me a perfect solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Dilip Meena
Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your condition is known as androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness, which has genetic as well as hormonal factors as the causative factors. You need to use treatment for this condition regularly and it takes about 3 to 4 months to s...  Read Full »

How can I treat graying of hair and hair fall?
Query: Hello doctor, I am facing hair fall from the last 4 to 5 months. Also facing graying of hairs from last three years.  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does this problem exist in your family? If yes it is androgenetic alopecia that is common in males and related to male hormones. Premature greying of hair is also genetic and as such there is no treatment for reversing of grey hair. However, you can take Biotin suppleme...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for hair loss.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. For the past four years, I have been experiencing hair loss. About two and a half years ago, I started using Finasteride once a week along with a Ketoconazole shampoo 1 % and Lipogaine, which is similar to Rogaine. I would use this only at night usually using a...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I would say you have a male pattern hair loss also called as androgenetic alopecia. If you are comfortable using Rogaine solution, you can continue with it or consider Minoqilib 5% (Minoxidil) solution 1 ml at bed time over the scalp. ...  Read Full »

I have hair fall problem for more than a year. How to stop it?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I have hair fall problem for more than a year. When I am not taking a head bath a day, my hair becomes oily, and I start to have itching. How can I manage this condition?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The condition is known as androgenetic alopecia (AGA). It is also known as male pattern hair loss. It is genetic, and it occurs due to hormonal changes. It is a progressive condition. I...  Read Full »

What can be done for progressing bald spot in female?
Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed a progressing bald spot on the top of my head. I am a 33-year-old female. Please tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This could either be frontal fibrosing alopecia or androgenetic alopecia or alopecia areata. How long since you have noticed it? Was it gradual in onset or did it appear suddenly as a smooth, b...  Read Full »

My hair is thinning where I part it. Am I on my way to balding?
Query: Hello doctor, I always part my hair to the right and by the left corner of my forehead where I part it from it seems that in that corner the hair is looking thinner and thinner. The rest of my head there is plenty of thick hair and I am only 20 but I want to know if you think I am on my way to bald...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is grade 1 progressing to grade 2 androgenetic alopecia (AGA)/male pattern hair loss. Androgenetic alopecia is a progressive condition with hormonal and genetic influence. I would like ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Androgenetic Alopecia? We have medical experts to help you right away.