Angina

Related Terms: ECG, Echocardiogram, Treadmill Test, Chest Pain, Anxiety, Heart Attack, High Blood Pressure

Kindly tell me the tests to be done to differentiate angina pain from gas pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and my weight is 97 kg and height is 5 feet 7 inches. I had been having heaviness on the chest and pain on my shoulder and left arm since few days. I went for ECG twice but it was normal and even echo at rest was normal. My blood pressure was high around 160/100. May...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can well understand your worries and want to add that, TMT (treadmill test) is not the only test to rule out if this pain is cardiac in origin or not. Although it is a very sophisticated screening test and we can find out if there i...  Read Full »

Is my chest pain due to anxiety, angina or any other cause?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. No prior heart issues. A fan of exercise. At the beginning of this year, I started having chest pain located near or right over my right side. Mostly they are a short quick burst of pain at random intervals but sometimes they stick around. A couple of weeks after th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Historically, and also on investigations like TMT (treadmill test), it does not appear to be a cardiac pain (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I guess you do not smoke or drink. The usual cause for this is musculoskeletal pain arising from muscles and ...  Read Full »

Is coronary angiography required in chronic stable angina?
Query: Hello doctor, My mom is 56 years old. She is a patient of hypertension, diabetes, and mild nephropathy. BP 140/80, pulse 96/ min, creatinine 1.3, fasting sugar 125, postprandial 157. From a few months, my mother is suffering from chest pain. The doctor told it is chronic stable angina. All other te...  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With these kidney function tests, she can perform the coronary angiography. I agree with her doctor's recommendation because this would help identify possible coronary artery stenosis and also perform angioplasty, if necessary. Another test which can help investigat...  Read Full »

Can we prepare to move a patient 24 hours after an angina attack?
Query: Hi doctor, Can we mobilize a patient who had angina 24 hours ago? If he is stable, is it fine to do so?  Read Full »
Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stability of the patient's condition depends on whether this was his first attack of angina and it occurred while at rest or during physical exertion. It also depends on whether his ECG was normal or abnormal and the cardiac enzymes excluded a heart attack or not. ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take Atorvas, Starpress and Nitrofix for angina?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old, 173 cm height, 84 kg suffering CAD, HTN and DM type 2. Having three stents and still PLV 90 % blockage. On tablet Atorvas 20, Starpress XL 50, Nitrofix SR 30, Telma 40, Dianorm-M and injection Lantus 24 u. But due to angina or short breathing, tablet Flavedon MR als...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you will need all tablets, as they have an additive effect. Other two antianginal like Starpress (Metoprolol), has many beneficial effects other than this, and decrease mortality. So it needs to be continued. Also, Nitrofix (Isosorbide mononitrate) is also impor...  Read Full »

Does long term usage of Ismo trigger low blood pressure and vertigo?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 75-year-old male. I had IHD 40 years back. 23 years back, my doctor asked me to add Ismo 10 mg twice a day. Since then, I am taking it twice a day uninterruptedly. Then I was 54 years old. My BP has always been normal in all these years. Maybe 150/80 or 140/90 till a few years b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, Ismo (Isosorbide Mononitrate) is given for angina or chest pain. If one is not having it without Ismo then it may be stopped. So it is not an absolutely necessary medicine in absence of angina. Next thing, it can cause low BP, and low bp can cause dizziness....  Read Full »

Why am I having throat infection and unclear sound?
Query: Hello doctor, I have throat infection and sound is not clear. I have pain in left neck and shoulder.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have acute tonsillitis like infection of the mouth or Ludwig angina like infective etiology. Your posterior pharynx examination and lymph nodes palpation should be done for further work up in your case. It is advisable to investigate with throat swab culture ...  Read Full »

My mother is admitted with chest pain. How serious is her illness?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 62 years old, has been hospitalized for two days due to sudden sweating, chest pain and left hand pain. When she was admitted her BP was 190/110 mmHg. She is also a diabetic (150/270) and undergoing tremendous stress due to sudden personal loss. She underwent ECG and 2D ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mangesh Baliram Danej

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be unstable angina or MI (myocardial infarction). Please let me know the troponin I value. If it is negative repeatedly, then stress test is advisable. If positive, then straight coro...  Read Full »

What can cause panic attacks?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For panic attacks and persistent anxiety, there is a need to get a medical checkup done. Hyperthyroidism, cardiac issues like angina, etc., could cause increased risk of panic attacks. So, if the panic attacks are persistent, then get one ECG done to rule out heart cause...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Angina? We have medical experts to help you right away.