Anti-tpo Antibodies

Related Terms: Tsh Level, Hypothyroidism, T3 And T4 Levels, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Levothyroxine, Thyroid Problem, Sinusitis

Thyroid is in a state of euthyroid. How is my prognosis?
Query: Hello doctor, The level of anti-TPO antibodies is 492. The doctors say it is a state of euthyroid. I am worried about my prognosis. I am a medical student, can I still become a surgeon?  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going by the details you have provided you have euthyroid. This means that you do have normal TSH with normal T4 and T3. The most common cause is autoimmune thyroid disease, which is confirmed by positive anti-TPO (anti-Thyroid Peroxidase) antibodies. Positive anti-TPO...  Read Full »

I have persistently high anti-TPO antibodies and get ill very frequently. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I have long time thyroid issues with persistently high anti-TPO antibodies. I have done a full test panel. Thyroid seems to be in normal range but many other parameters are off the mark. Vitamin A is on the very low end of normal, same with iron. I get ill very frequently and get tired ...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your post. However, your investigations are not uploaded. Anyway, you are suffering from autoimmune thyroiditis and low serum iron which is common in females due to loss during menstruation. You should start iron supplements, tablet Levogen Z (Fe...  Read Full »

There is mild swelling near Adam's apple with acute neck and ear pain. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a mild swelling near Adam's apple. I have acute pain in the back of my neck and ears. I got the tests done. The report states TSH is 13 mIU/L and Anti-TPO is 209 IU/mL.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Swelling near Adam's apple is most likely a thyroid swelling. Normal TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is 0.5-5 mIU/L. Your high TSH level confirms that it is a thyroid swelling. Elevated anti-TPO antibody (anti-thyroid peroxidase antibody) suggests autoimm...  Read Full »

My wife developed high TSH post pregnancy. Is this postpartum thyroiditis?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife, who is 29 years old, had symptoms of tiredness and dry skin. So, we tested her thyroid function. I found that her serum TSH level was 150 as well as free T4 below normal. Is this symptom of hypothyroidism? She delivered a baby seven months ago and the test was done recently. She ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sakthivel Sivasubramanian
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be postpartum thyroiditis or unmasking of autoimmune hypothyroidism. As it is most likely to be the latter, kindly start her on Thyroxine 75-100 mcg once daily (Levothyroxine) depending upon her weight. Check TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), FT4 (free T4), Anti...  Read Full »

Should hypothyroidism medicine be given for TSH level 8.12?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 75 years has TSH 8.12. She has adrenalism and takes Hisone 12 mg daily. Should she be administered medicine for hypothyroidism?  Read Full »
Dr. Mit Dharsandiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are higher chances of hypothyroidism in a patient who has hypoadrenalism (Addison's disease). These both conditions can be the manifestation of the same underlying process (autoimmune). If your mother is symptomatic (weakness, dry skin, hair loss, constipation,...  Read Full »

I have irregular bleeding and hair loss. Please suggest a remedy.
Query: Hello doctor, I consulted a gynecologist for irregular bleeding since two months and hair loss. The following actions made by me is mentioned chronologically.I went to a gynecologist and she suggested TSH blood test and ultrasound scan. The TSH reading was 5.8 and the scanning report is normal. Th...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and your detailed information about yourself. From what you have mentioned, it appears that you did have a slightly high TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) but that does not mean that you have to take thyroid medications. It is not recommended to ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have fluctuating thyroid level after delivery?
Query: Hi doctor, I had postpartum thyroiditis with my first child and it presented again with second child at 7 months postpartum. I am dealing with anxiety, higher than normal heart rate, fatigue and trouble sleeping. During previous PPT, I could not tolerate medicines and it resolved when my child was 1...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration of the cycle that is normal is 23 to 35 days. So, anything in between these days is actually normal. After delivery, cycles tend to be irregular for a year or so and hence, no medicines are required during this period. Your thyroid-stimulating hormone is nor...  Read Full »

Please advise on the exceeded values of the blood report.
Query: Hello doctor, I have attached the PFA and the blood test report of my wife who is 29 years of age. Can you please advice on the reasons and corrective measures to get the exceeded test values in control? Do I need to perform any follow-up tests? She has got the blood test profile checked just as a ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand that she did not have any symptoms, but you got the tests done just for the regular checkup. Out of these, there are some red flags which need to be further ...  Read Full »

I have gained weight and I have high cortisol level. Do I have Cushing's syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with hypothyroidism and polycystic ovaries. Over last three years, I have gained 15 kg of weight. I am taking T4 150 mg, Glucophage 850 mg and Yasmin. I think I have Cushing's syndrome. My cortisol level in blood is 34 in the morning but in 24 hour urine test it is in norma...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There may be three possibilities. Either your polycystic ovarian syndrome and hypothyroidism are two separate disorders or it may be a pituitary or autoimmune disease which affects many organs. When did you last check your thyroid levels? If it is too low, then you...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms caused due to taking too much of Thyroxine or HRT?
Query: Hello doctor, I have just received my blood results of thyroid and hormone blood test, and I require your help, please. I am 54 years old woman, who is 5.6 feet tall and weigh 13.10 stone. I have suffered from ill health for many years and cannot remember the last time I felt well. I had a complete...  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you have had to go through a lot. I really appreciate your writing all your problems in such a detailed way, which makes me easy to understand all your symptoms fully. Most importantly it is high time you stop your hormone replacement therapy. HRT should not...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Anti-tpo Antibodies? We have medical experts to help you right away.