Antioxidant

Related Terms: Sunscreen, Vitamin C, Sunscreen Lotion, Aging, Diet And Lifestyle, Omega Fatty Acids, Acne

Can I take green tea to increase efficiency of weight loss workout?
Query: Hi doctor, I have started my workout for weight loss. My query is about increasing efficiency. Which should I take or which would be safe and effective for me? Green tea extract or green coffee? Is there any specific brand I should purchase?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Green tea contains antioxidants and has some positive effects on the skin and body. It can also be used as a low calorie refreshing beverage in place of your regular coffee or tea. But do not rely on it for your weight loss. It does not have the effects as shown in a...  Read Full »

Can vitamin C and magnesium levels be restored without stopping EDTA?
Query: Hello doctor, My calcium score is 2000. For lowering it I am taking liposomal EDTA a chelating agent meant to reduce calcium deposits in arteries. But my vitamin C and magnesium levels are sharply reduced. How can I restore vitamin C and magnesium levels without stopping liposomal EDTA?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are taking antioxidant EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) for reducing calcium deposit in the artery and it is helpful in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing a heart attack. Now your vitamin C and magnesium levels dropped down because of ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Glutathione when one is planning to conceive?
Query: Hello doctor, My 25-year-old wife is planning to use Glutathione as one of her dietary supplements. She is still trying to conceive. Is that okay? Is it safe? Will it still be okay to take Glutathione during pregnancy? What other dietary supplements would you recommend?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Glutathione is a master antioxidant that plays an important role in the development and growth of the fetus. In the placenta, Glutathione detoxifies pollutants before they reach the developing child. Glutathione also supports your immune function, which i...  Read Full »

Neutraceuticals: The Need of the Day
Article Overview: This article aims to familiarize patients with the importance of taking antioxidants (commonly known as vitamins and minerals) in their day to day life and preventing many lifestyle diseases.  Read Article »
Dr. Jayvirsinh Indrasinh Chauhan
Preventive Medicine Physician

Being a homeopathic doctor, there are very few methods of treatment that attract my attention, speaking of it, after going through some of them thoroughly, in my capacity. What attracted my attention recently is the study of theories of free radicals and antioxidants. The whole purpose of writing t ...  Read Article »

Is it fine to take Ovares Plus to conceive?
Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ovares tablet is a multivitamin with few antioxidants. This is usually prescribed as an added adjuvant tablet along with other medication. Most of the infertility specialists will prescribe some or the other antioxidant and multivitamin tablets. These antioxidant...  Read Full »

Is vitamin E a good solution for polymorphous light eruptions?
Query: Hello doctor, I have self-diagnosed myself with polymorphous light eruptions, and I know that sounds annoying to someone who has dedicated their entire career to skin care. But every time I am at the beach in extreme sunlight, around day 2 or 3, I start developing a bumpy and itchy rash. After much ...  Read Full »
Dr. Suvina Attavar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin E is a potent free radical scavenger and antioxidant. Free radicals are reduced oxygen elements, which are responsible for skin damage and photoaging. Vitamin E protects the skin from effects of acute and chronic sun exposure. However, vitamin E alone is not eff...  Read Full »

How safe is it to use Glutathione capsules to improve skin complexion?
Query: Hello doctor, Is it safe to use Glutathione pills for skin whitening?  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Glutathione is used as a health supplement. It has good antioxidant properties. It prevents aging changes. It improves the immune system of the body. It is safe for adults of all age groups. Avoid intake of Glutathione pills if you develop sensitivity to it.  Read Full »

Is it beneficial to have lemon with water?
Query: Hi doctor, Can you explain whether consuming lemon with water in the morning and in the evening is beneficiary or not?  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lemon contains vitamin C.  The favorable factors are it is an antioxidant; it delays aging and helps to boost the immunity. For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner  Read Full »

Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restreta (Glutathione, Collagen, and L-cysteine) contains Glutathione which is an antioxidant. It effectively prevents melanin synthesis in the skin which helps in skin lightening. It is available in oral and injection form. Oral capsules do not produce much of a cha...  Read Full »

Can I take green tea while on antipsychotics?
Query: Hi doctor, I am on antipsychotics - Amisulpride 100 mg and Abilify 20 mg. Can I have green tea extract along with these drugs?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravi M Soni
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concerns. Green tea extract has very good antioxidant properties. Its antioxidant properties equalthat of vitamins A and E. So, you can take it along with your antipsychotic medications. There are no interactions with the drugs you are taking. However...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Antioxidant? We have medical experts to help you right away.