Anxiety

Related Terms: Depression, Stress, Clonazepam, Anti Anxiety Drugs, Psychotherapy, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Anxiety: an Everyday Occurrence or Is There Something More to It?

Article Overview: Anxiety is a minor psychiatric illness that is extremely common. Early recognition of the symptoms helps in advocating the right treatment. This article discusses the common signs and symptoms of anxiety and the available treatment strategies.  Read Article »
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Occasional anxiety is a normal part of life. One might feel anxious in certain situations like being faced with a problem at work, while speaking in the presence of a large audience, before taking an important exam, or while taking an important decision. When this anxiety becomes pervasive enough to ...  Read Article »

Query: Dear Doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. Rarely getting small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. Taking xanax .05 mg 1-3 day. 26years/male, height: 5'9", weight: 80Kg. Please help.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your brief description, it appears that you are suffering with some anxiety disorder most probably Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The drug you are taking is neither sufficient nor appropriate when we are having a lots of safer and more effective drugs currently. I...  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension during her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months.  Read Article »

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female, and I developed foot drop five weeks ago, the foot was numb, and I could not dorsiflex it. But, now I can dorsiflex, and the steppage gait has disappeared unless I walk long distances. I have more power in the foot now, but it is still a lot weaker than the oth...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that your foot drop is improving in a five weeks period. The twitches that you are feeling may be due to anxiety also. If it was ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), the foot drop would be unlikely to improve. As it is improving, it is unlikely to be...  Read Full »

Illness Anxiety Disorder (Hypochondriasis)

Article Overview: Persons with illness anxiety disorder or hypochondriasis seriously believe that they have a specific illness which is left undiagnosed, although that is not true. They constantly keep checking their body for changes and monitor their signs for an abnormality. But, in most cases, there is no disease, and even if there are some findings, it is usually something minor. This article focusses on the challenges that lie in treating this disorder.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Illness anxiety disorder (IAD), previously referred to as hypochondriasis, is an overwhelming anxiety about a perceived illness lasting for a period of more than six months. People with IAD often rush to their primary care physician fearing that they have a serious condition. The doctor's reassuranc ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from anxiety and my anxiety is always centered on my heart. With anxiety/panic alone, can my heart rate go too high that I cannot calm it down?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anxiety can cause both normal increase in heart rate as well as abnormally fast rhythms (known as automatic tachycardia). While the normal increase (sinus tachycardia) can be dealt with by treating anxiety, the abnormal rhythms may require drugs/electrophysiological ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I got married a year ago. I am an audiologist. I am having pain in my shoulder, hand, neck and back more in the left side of the body. Sometimes, I feel tremor in my fingers and hand and pain throughout the nerves of hand. I have these symptoms for almost 8 mont...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would here by say that you may not believe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency are very common in some races and we always misdiagnose these symptoms. Your symptoms are due to ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have anxiety and panic since five years. My GP had given Nexito forte and Veniz XR 37.5. And, I felt better and asked him to reduce the dosage two years ago. He stopped both and gave Nextio plus from then till date. I felt better. I did not smoke or drink while on treatment. 10 days ...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be an anxiety disorder. You need to avoid the triggering factors that cause the relapse. Be it alcohol or something like smoking, family issues or financial problems. It is better to be on Nexito forte (Escitalopram and Clonazepam) during the episode o...  Read Full »

Query: Dear Doctor, I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning. Is it safe to take one more tablet?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com. At this moment you can take another 0.5mg but do not repeat it after that. Tomorrow you can discuss your poor response to the 0.5mg lorazepam either with your physician or you can discuss with me online, if online therapy for a psychiatry consultat...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away.