Arrhythmias

Related Terms: ECG, Palpitations, Holter Monitor, Chest Pain, Cardiac Arrhythmia, Congestive Heart Failure, Tachycardia

Query: Hi doctor,I am 32 years old. I went through a medical fitness test for employment. While going through an ECG, it showed sinus arrhythmia and T wave abnormality (V4, V5, V6) and it has got me worried whether I am unwell. I do not feel anything wrong with me when I walk for 4 km three times a week. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG. There are nonsignificant changes and it is considered normal. Whatever is mentioned on the ECG is a machine-generated report and is frequently inaccurate. So, there is no need to worry or do an echo. Sinus arrhythmia is also a normal phe...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had an ECG done early in the morning immediately after waking up from sleep. It was 60 bpm. Later, on the same day, I took another ECG in the hospital and it was 83 bpm. It was mentioned on as a normal sinus rhythm with sinus arrhythmia. What does it mean?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinus arrhythmia is an entirely normal phenomenon. It just means your pacemaker of the heart. The sinus node will react well to everyday stressors and activity. It is natural to have a low heart rate of 60 during early morning and 83 as your activity progresses. Be assur...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first heart palpitations two years ago. One doctor prescribed me Ciplar LA 20 and Ecospirin 75 for three months. The doctor also suggested Dilzem or Flecarite on SOS basis. I got palpitation even after having the above medicines. Dilzem worked on as needed basis but since it w...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and intermittent ectopic. Food allergies will not cause this problem but if you take spicy food, have lack of sleep, mental or physical stress can aggravate the problem. Usually, these medicines have no or littl...  Read Full »

Disturbances of Heart Rhythm

Article Overview: An abnormal heart rhythm is called arrhythmia. The causes of arrhythmia are multi-factorial. This article discusses the common types, common clinical presentations and the available treatment modalities to tackle arrhythmia, which is a clinically vexing problem.
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

The normal rhythm of the heart is called sinus rhythm. Any disturbance resulting from multi-factorial causes results in an abnormal heart rhythm. When the sinus rhythm is lost, it results in an arrhythmia. The branch of medicine dealing with abnormal heart rhythms is called electrophysiology. Mecha ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My heart suddenly starts beating very fast from the last three years. My echo and ECG are always normal. Nowadays, I can feel the chest pain and some kind of picking in my right arm. My thyroid test is also normal. I do not know what to do. Doctors here do not know what my actual proble...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. How much is your hemoglobin? Have you ever counted your pulse rate during the episodes? H...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I am 33. Sometimes, out of nowhere, I start feeling dizzy, pressure in the chest with heavy breathing and weak legs and hands. Sometimes, I have headaches. No arm or chest pain. It was happening to me when I lay down and now it happens when I am standing too. I took medicine for acid reflu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. Blood pressure falls during these episodes and one has dizziness, fainting, chest pain or disc...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know if you could answer one question for me. I experienced an episode that lasted roughly about two to three minutes where I felt that I could not seem to catch my breath and it felt as if my heart had stopped beating. I checked my heart rate roughly three minutes after t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be a cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. And one may get symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain or heaviness, dizziness, etc. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old, and my heart is having episodes of rapid, uncontrollable pounding which is giving me shortness of breath and faintness. This has only started recently with my first episode giving me tunnel vision. What should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be a cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. Blood pressure falls during these episodes, and one has dizziness, fainting, blackouts, some...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, and I have a heart condition from when I was three years old. My heartbeats get very fast all of a sudden. What is the name of my heart problem? The ECG report was not normal. I am taking ayurvedic medicines for this problem. A doctor told me to get a surgery ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your heart condition is a cardiac arrhythmia, which is called PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia), in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. The blood pressure falls during these episodes, and one has dizziness, fainting, bla...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Palpitations can be out of two types. Sinus arrhythmia (only fast heart rate, but rhythm is normal) and this is not to be worried. Arrhythmias - There are many types of arrhythmias, some are atrial in origin and some are ventricular in origin. If your thyroid...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Arrhythmias? We have medical experts to help you right away.