Artificial Progesterone

Related Terms: Progesterone, Ovulation, Emergency Contraception, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Emergency Pill, Estrogen Levels, Infertility Treatment

Progesterone Cream

Article Overview: Progesterone is a hormone that appears in the body after the process of ovulation. It is one of the most important hormones, which induce infertility. In case of severe deficiency of progesterone hormone, progesterone cream is used. This article discusses in detail about natural progesterone, its beneficial effect, dosage, indication and complications.
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Progesterone is produced by ovary approximately 20 to 30 mg daily. Adrenal gland also produces some amount of progesterone. It is mainly produced during the last phase of the menstrual cycle. During each year, the amount of progesterone production is falling and by the fifth or sixth decade of the l ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, When doing a frozen embryo transfer cycle, is it absolutely necessary to use progesterone in oil shots or will the suppositories work the same?  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I am sure it is the painful pricks that is making you ask this query. It is the belief of the treating doctor, that a particular type of Progesterone is more effective. So, based on the doctor's experience, the different routes of Progesterone a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing ? Usually in the initial few days of pregnancy, you may experience implantation bleeding. The blood that is released from the uterine lining when the embryo penetrates into the uterine lining may be released as few drops of fresh blood or as brown-col...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My friend and I had sex on the 29th of last month. Her last periods started on the 15th of last month. We used a condom the whole time, but I was worried there could have been a leak and got her an I-pill within 18 hours of intercourse. She has had no bleeding whatsoever sin...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The act of sex was on day-15 of the period, that is, very close to the ovulation date. But as you said that a condom had been used all the time and you only have a doubt of spill, the chances of a pregnancy is very very low. As the pill was taken ...  Read Full »

How to Use Cream for Fertility

Article Overview: This article discusses the normal ovulation process, what are the available creams for improving fertility, and how it is to be used.
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

How does Ovulation Process occur? When an ovum is released from any one of the ovaries, it comes inside the uterus (to become fertilized by the sperm). This phase is known as the luteal phase. At this time, the uterine lining becomes thick, and with lots of blood vessels to provide protection and n ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I decided to use birth control pills two months back. I took the whole pack and then decided I will rather stop, because of all the bad effects that they have on our body. I got my period after I stopped taking the pills, but this month I did not get my period. I had sexual intercourse...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see you have messed up your hormonal balance. Your first step was absolutely right. The principle of emergency contraception is that it is a very high dose of progesterone hormone. This is the same hormone produced in the second half of periods after ovulation. Th...  Read Full »

Is Hormonal Contraception Really Safe?

Article Overview: Menstruation is regulated by a very delicate balance by the proper functioning of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis and is affected by every aspect of life including sleep, exercise, season, weather, and diet. The modern life which relies more on physicality has pressed into the minds of women that monthly cycles are a burden and health can be achieved by suppressing the cycles with the help of hormonal pills. They are synthetic preparations which cause artificial bleeding and have detrimental side effects.
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Introduction: According to WHO (world health organization), at least 214 million women in the reproductive age group belonging to developing nations, want to avoid pregnancy but are either unaware of the different methods of contraception or do not have proper access to it. It is a well-known fac ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. Actually, I have hormone problems. I have periods problems and without medicine I will not get periods. My uterus and ovaries were smaller in size. Now, with artificial hormones the size of the uterus has become normal. Can I get IVF? Will it be successful?  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have stated you had small ovaries and uterus, this needs a better clarification. Was it an ultrasonographic finding? What are the medicines you are on? And finally, are you having a regular cycle now? For an IVF (in vitro fertilization), you need a detailed evaluat...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife took Unwanted 72 eight days back, and she got her periods after five days. The bleeding is not normal, and her period was not due. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unwanted 72 is a high dose of progesterone hormone, which is the same hormone produced in the body in the second half of period after ovulation. This pill will suddenly increase the thickness of the inner lining of the uterus, making it unfavorable for a possible pregna...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Artificial Progesterone? We have medical experts to help you right away.