Astigmatism

Related Terms: Lasik, Spectacles, Contact Lens, Eye Examination, Laser Eye Surgery, Myopia, Refractive Error

Can I go for LASIK with high astigmatism?
Query: Hello doctor, I have -2.5 cylindrical in the right and -4 in the left eye and SPH is 4.75 in the right and 5 in the left eye. Can I go for LASIK? Will it be successful as I have high astigmatism?  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important thing is to rule out keratoconus. Many corneal scan machines have special softwares to rule out KC With the information you sent in the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity); I can see one suspicious thing that is Kmax 47.3. We need t...  Read Full »

How to get rid of glasses?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best ...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures. But, for the ...  Read Full »

How can I get my cylindrical eye power corrected?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done an eye test recently, and I found that I need a cylindrical correction too. Earlier I used spectacles only with spherical correction. My test results show 6/18, -1.25 DC × 95, 6/6 and 6/9, -0.25/-0.75 × 75, 6/6. I would like to know whether my eye power is too wea...  Read Full »
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cylinder power is low, and there is nothing to worry. As there is astigmatism, the glasses have to be worn at all times. You do not need to wear glasses if you do not have symptoms like eyestrain or a headache. But if you have eyestrain and headache, you need to wea...  Read Full »

Can I undergo lasik for long-sightedness?
Query: Hello doctor,I wanted to ask you about long-sightedness.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have myopic astigmatism in both with the left eye having high astigmatism. If you have any doubts about this prescription then please be more specific about it, I will do my bes...  Read Full »

How to choose contact lenses for my power?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from your history that you are having a refractive error in the form of myopia and astigmatism. This requires a correction by concave lenses and cylindrical lenses. You can go for the prescribed glasses or contact lenses. Coming to the choice of type of lense...  Read Full »

Can not wearing glasses cause headaches and blurry vision?
Query: Hello doctor, I have an astigmatism of O.D. -0.75, -1.25 90 OS: -1.0 -0.75 85. The last week I have had constant headaches and periodic blurry vision. I am wondering if this could be a result of not wearing my glasses. How often should I be wearing my glasses? The periodic blurry vision started two...  Read Full »
Dr. Rasmi
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, since how long time you put your glasses? However, there are many points I would like to explain to you: When you put glasses of astigmatism for the first time you need between two to three weeks for adaptation. After this period and the adaptation and a...  Read Full »

Kindly give your opinion regarding LASIK after seeing my reports.
Query: Hi doctor, I have been wearing contact lens for the last 12 years. Recently, they started getting uncomfortable. So, I stopped using them and got a LASIK consultation with a Pentacam. I have attached the reports taken two days after stopping contact lenses and three weeks after stopping contact lens...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your prescription and Pentacam scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I could not see any significant pathology in scan. The yellow area showing against the rule astigmatism and that is why you are using Toric contact lenses. Otherwise, cornea...  Read Full »

What treatment can I opt for high degree of corneal opacity?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. 25 years ago, I had radial keratotomy on both eyes. After a year, I had for the second time in my left. Later, BCVA in left became 9/10 and right 10/10. Now over a month, I am experiencing a blurry vision in the left with occasional headache and left eye pain. Thr...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). By your description, I understand you have some idea about your condition. It looks like irregular astigmatism. This might have developed due to weakening of cornea, ...  Read Full »

My 2.7 years old daughter has cylindrical eye number. Is it a sign of keratoconus?
Query: Hello doctor, I got my 2.7 years old daughter's eyes checked, and she has a cylindrical number of -1 and -1.25 at 180 axis. Will it increase as she grows? Is the test done on the machine, reliable? I hope this is not a sign of keratoconus.  Read Full »
Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This may be a sign of keratoconus, but not for sure. It depends on the progression. If it progresses rapidly and corneal thinning occurs, then only it can be called as keratoconus. At present it is astigmatism. And you should start using glasses. Yes, it will change in...  Read Full »

What causes dull headache that does not shift?
Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago, I had headache in late night. I managed to sleep, but it was still there in the morning. It was unilateral headache on the left side of my head. Pain is in my temporal area which sometimes radiates across my cheek and even down my jaw, as well as on the top left of my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My main concern here would be trigeminal cephalgia, the most common being trigeminal neuralgia. Trigeminal neuralgia is a sharp shooting unilateral headache that becomes extremely worse with nerve irritation that could be caused by shaving, brushing (hair or teeth...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Astigmatism? We have medical experts to help you right away.