Aura

Related Terms: Migraine, Headache, Mri Of Brain, Meningitis, Tinnitus, Flunarizine, Meditation

Why do I have auras that make me jump with fright?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 43 year old man, who has lived with epilepsy since I was 13. I have had very few seizures, maybe one every 4 or 5 years. The last one was four months ago. After I had that one, I recovered and was fine, but about a month ago, I started having what seem like auras. They are differen...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have analyzed the symptoms you described in the query. The appearance and pattern of aura are actually suggestive of the fact that the electrical activity of your brain is out of control. Though it is not a full blown seizure, it is surely an early phase of seizures....  Read Full »

Kindly explain whether my feeling of foggy brain is panic attack or aura.
Query: Hi doctor, I found out that I had an anxiety disorder about six months ago. I have always been worried about my health even when I was a kid, and I think that is the reason why I developed this disorder. The thing is that I am really concerned about my health and I always worry about the worst poss...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the description, it appears that you have experienced depersonalization episode. Depersonalization episode occurs in various anxiety disorders including dissociative disorders. As the name suggests, the person experienc...  Read Full »

I am having three seizures in a day after delivery. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I am looking for some help. I feel no doctor understands what is wrong with me. I have had epilepsy since around puberty around the age of 12 when I got my period. I had a lot of seizures until I was finally controlled on Tegratol 200 mg. Throughout my teena...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that the aura that you explain (electric shock feeling in the thumb) are not typical of epilepsy. So, considering the fact that you have been on 200 mg of Tegretol (which is a really non-effective dose) with no seizure...  Read Full »

What could cause severe headache and eye pain?
Query: Hello, When I see any object, I feel like I can see only half of it and after that I experience pain in the eyes. I also have severe headache soon after that. What could it be?  Read Full »
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms indicate migraine headache. These vision related symptoms are present in aura (temporary visual disturbances that precede the migraine headache). The treatment of migraine headache is by use of analgesic drugs in acute episodes and by use of prophyl...  Read Full »

Can a migraine and a tension-type headache coexist?
Query: Hello doctor, In short, I have a baby who is now 9 months old. I have started having a visual aura (fortification spectrum) and migraine around two months ago. The aura was almost always on the left side of the vision and the headache (which was quite mild), was on the right side of my head, at the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like it is related to a subconscious anxiety and stress. It does not look like a migraine. However, the aura and the previous headache are classical of a migraine. A migraine and tension-type headache can co-exist. As your baby is 9 m...  Read Full »

What is gelastic seizure?
Query: Hi doctor, What is gelastic seizure? Other than uncontrolled and involuntary laughter, what are the other possible symptoms? What are the causes of gelastic seizure? Is it genetic? Please explain in detail.  Read Full »
Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gelastic seizures are usually indicative of underlying neurological abnormality. It is usually not genetic, but caused due to some damage to the structure of the brain. Other than laughing, gelastic seizures can also have crying, whining, tics and blank stares. They can a...  Read Full »

If I had unprotected sex after missing birth control pill, could I be pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I accidentally missed one birth control pill. I have been on Levlen for many years, and this has never happened before. I did not realize until the next night the one from the day before was there, so I took both pills together. I had unprotected sex with my partner a day later, I hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Levlen is a combined oral contraceptive pill that contains Ethinylestradiol/Levonorgestrel. It acts by inhibition of ovulation. It increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clot so better to avoid for years and years. It is also contraindicated in few cond...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms seem like migraine or something worse?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old female, who never really suffered from headaches before this year. I did have occasional (what I called) tension headaches, mild pains behind one eye that would last a few hours, and that is about it. Last year, I gave birth to my first child, by C-section. 2 to 3 d...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concerns.From the available description, there is ample evidence to suggest this is a migraine. I understand it is always left side in your case, but it does not mean that migraines do not have an exclusive one-sided presentation.We ...  Read Full »

What causes a positive after-image?
Query: Hello doctor,I have health anxiety and migraines. I have started seeing after-images quite frequently, especially when inside and looking outside to a road or across the road. I am blinking and seeing a positive after-image for less than a second. This is extremely worrying for me as I am unsure why...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Your symptoms are most likely due to migraine which cause severe headache, mainly on one side that lasts for few hours (up to 72 hours) may be associated with other features like limb numbness, nausea, photophobia, and other different sym...  Read Full »

My wife has peculiar headache near left ear. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedt...  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache which you have described could be migraines. I would need to know answer of few questions which would help me in getting to the right diagnosis. Any history of headache (HA) in your wife's family or your children? How does the headache feel - throbbing, pulsati...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Aura? We have medical experts to help you right away.