Autoimmune Pathology

Related Terms: Autoimmune Disorder, Azathioprine, Fever, Joint Swelling, Mri, Physiotherapy, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Why are there tremors, speech problems and memory disturbances?
Query: Hello doctor, For the past few years, I have been having the following symptoms: Tremors. Pain near the spinal cord. Head stiffness. Getting stuck when thinking or solving things. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know your age? Do you have any history of hypertension/diabetes? Do you have any history of previous tuberculosis? I will advise immediate MRI of the brain to rule out degenerative diseases. Please consult a neurologist online with further information --&...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Prednisone and Azathioprine for autoimmune hepatitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been itching throughout my body, especially after eating, for about two years. I noticed fatigue and shortness of breath about 18 months ago. I stopped smoking before seven years. I stopped drinking before a year as my upper abdominal area started paining after drinking. Before fi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few important facts I would want you to consider.  We have to rule out other forms of hepatitis like viral hepatitis, amyloid or iron deposition, NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis) and alcoholic liver disease.  All three markers are non-specific; anti-LMK (...  Read Full »

What does borderline positive c-ANCA levels indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, My c-ANCA levels are 5.6 U/ml (borderline positive). I have hypertension and proteinuria (3g), high serum creatinine (2.4) and UTI. My other autoimmune tests and serum electrophoresis results are negative. What should I do and what is the general prognosis?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: C-ANCA (Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies) positivity indicates Wegener's Granulomatosis. In this condition, there is involvement of upper and lower respiratory tract and kidneys. Most common diagnosis, while kidneys a...  Read Full »

I married my first cousin. Will my child be affected genetically?
Query: Hi doctor, I have married my first cousin, daughter of my maternal uncle. I would like to know, will there be any genetic issue with our future kid. What are the things we need to take care off? Do we need to take any test? Could you please give some guidance on this. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation. Genetic disorders are more likely in such marriages. I am not trying to scare you but if there is any familial disease in your family it would be good to get it checked in early pregnancy. Any autoimmune disease like rheumatoid arthritis, any ...  Read Full »

What can cause diffuse cerebral atrophy?
Query: Hi doctor, My sister is a 45 year old female. She had two episodes of unconsciousness. Her BP usually is normal at 80/58 mmHg and pulse 76 to 80 beats per minute.  We got an MRI done which showed diffuse cerebral atrophy with chronic ischaemic changes. MRA normal with no flow limiting significant ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attached MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it seems that vascular pathology is the primary cause for the MRI changes in brain. The current pathology indicates that she had poor blood supply for last few years. The reason may be hypotens...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with an unknown neurological condition. What does that mean?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old female, who is 5.4 feet, and I weighs 157 lbs. I am looking for a name for my condition. The only medication I take is Imipramine hydrochloride 40 mg tablets each day. I have been told that I have a neurological condition, but the symptoms do not follow any diagnosi...  Read Full »
Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your prolonged symptoms, I can understand your frustration. Your complaints mostly encompass two of the most complex systems of medicine, that is neurology and immunology. There is a lot we know, but that probably makes up just 20 % of what is yet to b...  Read Full »

Do Not Ignore Arthritis Symptoms!!
Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that, when signs of arthritis appear, one should approach a doctor as early as possible for appropriate treatment.  Read Article »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Inflammatory arthritis is a common problem in females between the age group 20-50 years. It is characterized by swelling of the joints, early morning stiffness and pain which is constant and little relieved by work and use of painkillers.  It is an autoimmune condition, i.e, body's immune ...  Read Article »

Will recurrent fever occur in a patient with gastritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical student and my query is regarding my father. My father is suffering from fever, chills and rigor every month along with gastric problem. For gastritis, I am treating him with PPI and Sucralfate. He had similar attack 15 days back. Since I had no clue about the cause, I gave...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Though your dad is not having cough or cold that accompanies fever, his symptoms suggest that, it can be due to allergy or post-chikungunya syndrome. Did your dad affected with chikungunya recently? If so, then he might have recurrent fever along with joint pain. Thi...  Read Full »

My blood report is normal, then why do I feel extremely fatigued?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low-grade fever, hair loss, and extreme tiredness. There is pain and burning sensation in my stomach along with loss of appetite and weight gain. I got my ANA test done and it came positive. My ESR level has increased. All my other test results found to be negative. Pl...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) and observed that there is no autoimmune disease present. Since you have been suffering from multiple joint pains for the past one year, you should have tested for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) ...  Read Full »

How long will it take for my mother to recover from chikungunya and MG?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 80 years old. She has been having myasthenia gravis for the last 10 years and it has been under good control. She took only Distinon tablet three times a day till last month. One month ago, she had a viral fever. She was admitted in hospital for 10 days and the doctors treate...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I agree that the dosages have been increased quite a bit. But, the myasthenia precrisis is treated this way only. Coexisting viral fever chikungunya may be the added reason to increase the doses on higher side. If it was an overdose, she would have experienced the sympto...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Autoimmune Pathology? We have medical experts to help you right away.