Baby Care

Related Terms: Pregnancy, Breast Feeding, Conception And Pregnancy, Breast Milk, Pregnancy Complications, Folic Acid, Normal Baby Growth

Why has my 5-year-old been having eczema since she was 3 months old?
Query: Hello doctor,My 5 years old girl has been having eczema since she was 3 months old. She was scratchy all the time (at least every 3 to 4 hours). Even though we have applied moisturizers such as Aveeno, it was not helping her. When doctors prescribed topical steroids, we used it and she felt better. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have put your query with nice description but I think you have uploaded wrong images. So, if possible share correct images. From your description, it seems atopic eczema. It is endogenous eczema which may have several aggravating factors. Predisposition may come ...  Read Full »

Fasting glucose 131 and post lunch glucose level 121. Am I diabetic?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife's fasting glucose is 131. Her post lunch glucose level is 121 and urine does not contain sugar. Her HbA1c is 6. 2. Her height is 5.4 and weight is 68 kg. What to do now?  Read Full »
Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By these laboratory readings she has prediabetes. This should be treated. What to do will depend on a lot of factors. You have not provided any other medical history, family history, other medicines, lifestyle, etc. Revert back with the asked details to a diabetologis...  Read Full »

How to control loose motions in a 1 month old baby?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full »

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?
Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, it is said that radiations from the mobile tower are not carcinogenic. However, there is no proof for that. This statement is based on research. Currently, there are no guidelines stating that one should stay away from mobile tower radiations, so there is noth...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant crying and improper sleep in a 1-month-old baby?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having a 1-month-old baby and been facing several issues. He is crying a lot even after feeding him properly, burping him, checking his diaper, making him comfortable and ruling out other health issues and having a hard time in consoling him. We have tried pacifiers for him but avoi...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems you are taking excellent care of the child. Good. Now for your queries. Children below the age of 6 months sleep in the day and stay awake at night. It is normal. There is no medicine for the same. As regards to consoling a baby, you can use...  Read Full »

How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?
Query: Hi doctor, How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ways to know if the baby is getting an adequate amount of feed are as follows. The baby sleeps well for two hours post an adequate feed. Baby passes 6 to 8 times urine. Baby has a weight gain of 25 to 30 gm per day. These are the three main points determining the ad...  Read Full »

Is there any medical risk from using a secondhand car seat?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter who is 15 months old now had a used car seat up to age 1. My sister gave me the car seat and it was used by her 6 year old daughter when she was a baby. When I went to buy a car seat recently, I realized that the newer models of the car seat I had used were much softer and m...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, it may not have caused any harm, as far as your daughter is walking well, no gait issue, and no complains of pain over hip joints. Kids cells have higher regeneration power compared to adults. Theoretically, one can take a biopsy of a particular site ...  Read Full »

Why has the sleep routine suddenly changed in a baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old, and it has been three weeks that she did not sleep at night. 1 to 2 hours at most and then she will cry waiting for me to bring her to the living room because she wants to play. She would not stop crying if I ignore her (I am trying to let her try to soothe ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahesh Chand Katoch
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sleep habits of babies vary from one another. Your child is normal and there is no cause of concern. Most of the babies do this but become difficult to handle cause of working parents. She requires more patience. I really appreciate your concern. This will not affect ...  Read Full »

What precautions to take when flying with a three month old baby?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to fly with my three-month-old infant. What are the precautions to be taken while flying? Should I carry any medications with me?  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and can understand the sensitivity of the situation here. If your infant is on no medications right now, has no allergies, or disease, there is no need to worry about. No special precautions are needed in that case. I would recommend Acetamin...  Read Full »

2 months old baby girl is getting a thick milky white vaginal discharge. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby girl is getting a thick milky white vaginal discharge from last week. We see it once or twice a day in her diaper and some stuck in the vagina. What may cause this? What treatment we should do? The baby was born prematurely.  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please maintain a good hygiene for the child. Avoid diapers for a while till the discharge is gone. You can place the baby in a tub of clean water with some vinegar or baking soda for 10 to 15 minutes every day for 2 to 3 days. Dry the vaginal area thoroughly by patting...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Baby Care? We have medical experts to help you right away.