Back Pain Post Pregnancy

Related Terms: Beta Hcg, Conception And Pregnancy, Miscarriage, Ovulation, Pregnancy, Unprotected Sex, Delayed Period, Folic Acid

How to get rid of lower back pain post pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 5 months old. My back was fine before delivery. Now my lower back just above my butt really hurts and feels weak when I stand up after lying down on my stomach. I do not get any such feel when I stand from lying on my back. Also, after giving birth, I noticed my lower back sti...  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair Mohammad
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. During pregnancy lot of changes occur in a body, one of those is increase in lower back curve (lumbar lordosis). Due to increase in lumbar lordosis some muscles of lower back remain stretched and become weak. It will cause lower back pain. I suggest you to start doing so...  Read Full »

Diagnosed as Pott’s spine in the L4-L5 region. Severe pain in back as well in the right leg. What to do next?
Query: Hello doctor, Fourteen months ago, my wife went through a C-section delivering a baby girl. After 15 days of surgery, she started feeling lower backache with very local pain in bending, sneezing and coughing. Initially, we thought it is a post-cesarean effect. As she was breastfeeding the baby, she...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has Pott's spine that is tuberculosis of the spine and the treatment duration for this is 18 months. Now, the symptom you have mentioned suggests that she has got severe compression of the nerves of the back aggravated by a jerk. In such scenario, she need...  Read Full »

What diet can I follow for weakness during post pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a lactating mother. I feel dizzy and weak. My BP is 100/60. What should I do for this? What diet should I follow? Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood pressure (BP) is absolutely normal. There are various reasons for your tiredness and weakness which are as follows. Wrong position of breast feeding may cause back pain and tiredness. You should not bend your back while breast feeding. Put some pillows...  Read Full »

Could sinus infection cause autophony?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a sinus problem and got cleared before two months. Now, I have been suffering from autophony in one ear for the past two months after the sinus surgery. I used to clench my jaw a lot during sinus issue and there is some jaw pain. All my audiometry and pressure tests are normal. Also...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Autophony can be due to the patulous eustachian tube. It is more common in female, hyperthyroidism, sudden weight loss, post pregnancy, etc. Since you had a sinus infection, it could have masked eustachian tube and you were not having this problem. Ringing sound (not auto...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have morning sickness symptoms this soon?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. I have been having lower back pain and cramps for two days now, but my period is not due until a week and a half away. I have a regular 28-day cycle and I think I ovulated between the 18th and 23rd of this month. I have been having a little bit of upset stom...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you get an ultrasound done to rule out any abnormality. If your cycles are 28 days, then you ovulate around the day-14 of your cycle and not day-18 because the second phase of the cycle always remains constant at 14 days. If you had unprotected sexual act, t...  Read Full »

Does ligament laxity occur as a side effect of Sevoflurane?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. My height is 164 cm and weight is 48 kg. I was healthy with fine ligaments. Two years back, I had a spine surgery for herniated disk at the level of L5/S1. Soon after the operation, I got something like sleep myoclonus. The neurologist said that as benign, bu...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Myoclonus or muscle twitching is a known side effect of Sevoflurane use and it is not a serious concern. Sevoflurane does not cause laxity of ligaments. Very common side effects of Sevoflurane o...  Read Full »

What causes continuous vaginal bleeding?
Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my wife. She is facing continuous bleeding from vagina since seven days after post pregnancy bleeding. Here is the complete scenario. We blessed with a baby 38 days ago and it was a C-section delivery. 16 days back the bleeding had stopped completely. Everyth...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife is having bleeding per vagina following one month of Cesarean section. This is termed postpartum hemorrhage and often creates an emergency. This could be caused by an infection of C-section wound commonly. But, as per your report (attachment removed to pro...  Read Full »

Pelvic Pain
Article Overview: The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain. It can be caused by a number of things, which ranges from being harmless to a medical emergency  Read Article »
Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Pelvic Pain Overview The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain. It can be caused by a number of things, which ranges from being harmless to a medical emergency. There are a lot of organs in the pelvic region like bowel, bladder, ovaries, uterus, appendix, etc., s ...  Read Article »

Why do I have abdominal pain after unprotected sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex 19 days back. My period is always regular and my expected date was in the first week the following month. I had uneasiness and fatigue by the end of last month. Left side upper abdominal pain started a week back. It comes occasionally and goes on its own. Occasionall...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms appear more of premenstrual syndrome and as you had a day of bleeding with on and off lower abdominal pain off and on. There is likelihood that your menses shall resume again in few days unless you have conceived. Urine pregnancy test is not sensitive...  Read Full »

My fiancee has heavy bleeding and cramps after taking Unwanted 72. Could she be pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee is a 28 year old and weighs 43 kg. We had unprotected sex on the 10th day of her menstrual cycle, and I am sure I did not ejaculate. But, I am worried about her getting pregnant. She took Unwanted 72 tablet 12 hours later. A week later, she had cramps and menses-like bl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she had withdrawal bleeding seven days after taking Unwanted 72, which lasted for three days, then she is unlikely to be pregnant. The pregnancy can be conclusively ruled out with a serum beta hCG test, as home pregnancy test may provide false negative results. If ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Back Pain Post Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away.