Back Strengthening Exercises

Related Terms: Strengthening Exercises, Physiotherapy, Back Pain, Ice Pack, Mri, Diclofenac, Exercises

I feel numbness in penis. Is it due to nerve impingement?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 190 cm and weight is 85 kg. I do exercise with weights regularly. I have noticed that I have reduced feeling in the skin on my shaft. I cannot feel normal touch, but I can feel the pain if I pinch it with my nails. To best describe it; it feels li...  Read Full »
Dr. Raman Tanwar
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a localized numbness that we are bothered with. Disease starting from this region without any other associated symptoms is quite rare and without them we may not think of a systemic pathology right away. Have you tried nerve tonics? I suggest back strength...  Read Full »

I have lower back pain in the mornings. Can you interpret my X-ray?
Query: Hello doctor, I have lower back pain in the morning and from recently, I cannot bend and I have weak legs and pain in the calves, hips, and hamstrings. I did some X-ray. Can you interpret it?  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your X-rays indicate changes of spondylitis in the form of disc space reduction and osteophytes. For the symptoms you have, I would recommend an MRI of the lumbar spine with whole spine scree...  Read Full »

Why do I get back pain only when I put on weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male and single. I am getting pain on my back in recent days. I used to maintain my weight around 70 kg to 75 kg. Recently, after my kidney stone surgery my weight increased up to 80 kg. After an increase in weight, I started getting back pain when I walk for more th...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With an increase in weight there is increased strain on the lower back. This effect is further accentuated by the abdominal type of obesity. You should change your working posture and adopt a healthy posture. If your occupation involves lifting heavy weights, then change ...  Read Full »

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic and lower back muscle weakness will give you symptoms of back pain and leg pain. You should do blood tests. Check for vitamin D and B12 levels. These blood tests are useful to check the vitamin levels in the blood which co-relates with muscle weakness of the body...  Read Full »

From the MRI, kindly explain the severity of my low back pain.
Query: Hi doctor, I have low back pain, spasms, leg weakness, and neuropathy. I had an exacerbation five years before, and the current one is severe. I had MRI and blood tests. The reports are enclosed here.  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your problem is sciatica, but it has not yet progressed to a severe stage.At this stage, you need rest and the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.Tablet Aceclo SR (Aceclofenac) as needed, do not use c...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full »

Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
Query: Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg....  Read Full »
Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan
Pain Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To tell you the truth, I need more information or examine the patient to come to an accurate diagnosis. Differential diagnosis includes vascular problems for which we can consider a venous/arterial doppler. Probable diagnosis is a pregnancy-related lumbar strain wh...  Read Full »

I am suffering with disc bulge. Please get me a solution for it.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from disc bulge at the level of L5-S1. It causes pressure at nerve root for past two months. I am under treatment but no satisfactory improvement in these two months. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned from MRI findings as L5/S1 disc bulge, instability at L5/S1 level and pars defect of L5 with likely compression of both exiting L5 nerve roots. I would like to know few more details such as, What is the duration of back pain and its intensity on a scal...  Read Full »

How can severe hip pain be effectively treated?
Query: Hello doctor, From the start of this month, I have been suffering hip pain and some tightness around the lumbar region. I had a steriod injection and thereafter the pain reduced to 80%. I was on Aceclofenac 100 mg two times a day after 15 days. I had an MRI and the report is attached. I have a majo...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report suggests disc changes at L5-S1 and hemangioma of L3 body. You should understand that MRI is a very sensitive investigation and picks up...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of discomfort in my back?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing discomfort in my back. Sometimes, I would feel uncomfortable or heavy in my upper and lower back. There is also an extremely loud noise of bones rubbing together. It makes me think that this may be the reason for my poor posture. I find myself slouching all th...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, the pain could also be due to muscular imbalance. As you said, it could be primarily due to bad posture. So improving posture can help you regain normal balance and get rid of pain and discomfort. I suggest you kindly do strengthening exercises for yo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Back Strengthening Exercises? We have medical experts to help you right away.