Backache

Having backache badly and vagina smelly discharge. Can you suggest any treatments?

Query: Hi doctor,I am sexually active with one partner only. I am not well for the last 4 months. I am having bad backache and a smelly, white thick sometimes brown color vaginal discharge, lower abdomen pain and vaginal pain while urination. I have consulted my gynecologist and took proper medicine. Now a...  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most common cause of infertility if not treated in early stages. Follow the instructions and antibiotics given by your doctor and have a scan done. So, that you will come to know the progress of the disease. Do not...  Read Full »

What X-ray will I need for a backache after an accident?

Query: Hello doctor, I slipped and fell down the stairs. I have a backache after this accident. What X-ray do I need to take?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on the location of your backache, you will need the x-ray of that part. The following will help you: Pain in the upper back - thoracic spine x-ray. Pain in the mid back - dorsolumbar spine x-ray. Pain in the lower back - lumbosacral spine...  Read Full »

I have prolonged backache, especially after driving. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having prolonged backache, especially after driving. I face pain when I stretch and I get a relief when I do it. And when I push my hands on the back towards the front I can hear bone cracking, like when we stretch.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, with the limited narration that you have provided to me in your query, I feel you have less stability in your core muscles. You should maintain posture while driving which can be achieved by placing a pillow behind your low back (in case you drive the...  Read Full »

14-year-old has low back ache, fatigue and mild fever. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My 14-year-old son is complaining of a low backache. He has fatigue and low-grade fever. Hemoglobin is 12.7 but ESR level is 43.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A low backache in children at this age associated with low-grade fever and ESR 43 could be due to: Trauma (check for any trauma symptoms like blood, blue-purple changes of the skin). Kidney infection. Get urine analysis done. You may take a urine test strip at yo...  Read Full »

Whom should we consult for backache and extreme fatigue in a 64 year old?

Query: Hello doctor,This is regarding my 64 year old mother-in-law. She has backache and general malaise. She has also had pain in both the knees for a while now. When climbing stairs or walking on inclined roads, she requires support. She experiences extreme fatigue roughly in the evening between 5 PM til...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anemia can lead to fatigue as well. Your mother's hemoglobin level is low and iron deficiency anemia could be suspected here. Further work up is needed in the form of serum TIBC (total iron binding capacity), serum ferritin, and transferrin saturation assay to conf...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my neck and backache?

Query: Hi doctor, Before four months, I did a couple of heavy things, about a week later, when I put my head down or looked down, I noticed a twinge in my back, on the left side of my right shoulder blade. As weeks went on, it became awful and more painful. I also had spasms on the right side and under my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it could be a problem with your neck or upper back. The neck pain can be due to a simple muscle sprain, or it could be a manifestation of a disc irritation on the nerves (more likely). In the upper back, there could be a trigger spot which beha...  Read Full »

What does my mother's CT scan suggest about her back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been having back pain in the area of ribs for the past three months. She had a CT chest, which showed lytic lesions in D9, D10, and L1. She also had a PET-CT. Her ESR, CBP, RFT and LFTs are normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The history of a chronic backache for three months with CAT scan showing lytic lesions and histology (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggestive of granulomatous inflammatory changes suggest mostly tuberculosis of the spine. The patient has to take antitub...  Read Full »

I have a severe pain in the lower back which is unbearable. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had lower back pain which was not bad at first. After a few weeks, it has gotten worse. I have a pain in the hip, buttocks, and thigh as well now. I recently joined work, and I cannot perform at work as the pain is unbearable.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been suffering from a lower backache that is radiating to the buttocks and thigh. It seems to be due to a nerve compression which is the cause. You need to see an orthopedician for that. An X-ray of the lumbar spine should be done and an MRI lumbar spine also,...  Read Full »

I have lower back pain and numbness of feet. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had lower back pain since the last one year. I got an MRI done and it is attached below. I saw a radiologist and he did not advise me much. I have a sitting job. Will running be beneficial in this situation? Do I need to take analgesics? I cannot sleep at night because of the...  Read Full »

Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about an ongoing lower back ache. I have seen the reports that you had attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a compression of the L4 nerve, which is responsible for the numbness and difficulty...  Read Full »

What is the best posture to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have pathology at the spinal level, causing postural or mechanical backache or a hip or sacrococcygeal joint pathology with referred pain in the thighs. Pain over the inner thigh can be due to either of the two causes mentioned above. To diagnose the cause ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee