Bacterial Infection

Related Terms: Viral Infection, Antibiotics, Urinary Tract Infection, Uti, Fever, Amoxicillin, Fungal Infection

Why am I getting frequent bacterial infection in vagina?
Query: Hello doctor, I was not having periods on my own. They use to be so uncontrollable and the doctor kept saying wait 10 years and I took myself off all medications that she gave me and went two years without any. I am 27 and I am back to having regular menstruation every month. They not on the same d...  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, birth control pills itself help in controlling your PCOS with added lifestyle modifications like a balanced diet and physical exercise. So keep up the good effort but now you need to stop the pills. Check if you are ovulating regularly or not with the urine ...  Read Full »

What can I take for bacterial infection in my gums?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work.  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gum infection can be due to a number of reasons like tooth infection or cavity, abscess, etc. If Clindamycin is not working, I suggest taking Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the m...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic medication for infection resistant to antibiotics.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I was addicted to cold drinks which had been getting me sick (catching a cold) over the past nine years. Doctors treated me with antibiotics such as Amoxicillin, Cloxacillin, Moxifloxacin, Cefpodoxime, Azithromycin, andSporidex which worked very well many ti...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajith Kumar K N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try the following ayurvedic medicines: OCEM-5 drops (Richfield international) - two drops in a glass of lukewarm water twice a day. Indukantham kashayam - 15 mL+50 mL boiled and cooled water twice a day half hour before food. Haridra Khanda churna - one tea...  Read Full »

How do I confirm that I have got a viral or bacterial infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I had an IV treatment for fever.  I took four doses of Monocef 1 gm. My fever is gone, and I am feeling better. I still have a sore throat, and there is a lot of mucus generated. The mucus is transparent. How do I confirm that I have got a viral or bacterial infection? Since my fe...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The only way to differentiate between viral and bacterial infection is to take a sample of the mucus generated and to culture it in order to identify the causative organism. Your doctor must have anticipated that your infection as bacterial as you responded well to antibi...  Read Full »

Are H.pylori infection and stomach cancer interrelated?
Query: Hi doctor, In the past one month, I have been feeling like bloated stomach and uncomfortable as if my stomach was full. Initially, I went to a local doctor. However, that did not help me. Then, I went to a gastroenterologist, who initially gave me medicines and then did an endoscopy. Post the endosc...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Helicobacter pylori is a bacterial infection, which occur from unhygienic food and typically occur only in the stomach. Because of the infection, the stomach wall inflamed (redness and swelling) and due to this, symptoms of gastritis such as nausea, upper abdominal pa...  Read Full »

Why am I getting frequent, hard and painful bumps in breast?
Query: Hi doctor, I keep getting these bumps on my breast that turn red, then get hard and very painful. After a few days they burst and drain yellowish fluid mixed with blood. Then I am left with a big hole that will heal and scar. I have had this happen a few times over the years. But, recently it has be...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are experiencing follicular bacterial infections called folliculitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are common in areas of high moisture content, especially in the armpit region and under the breast or seen in women wearing linen or non-cot...  Read Full »

What is the secretion on my navel that appears wool like?
Query: Hi doctor, I have secretion from navel for the past nine months. Secretion appears like white cotton or wool like. It is not very smelly, no pain or itch or sore in the navel area. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It might be a bacterial infection. You should take capsule Flucloxacillin 500 mg twice a day for five days in empty stomach. Please note you do not have any reaction to Penicillin or sulfate drugs before taking this medicine. Review after five days to an internal medic...  Read Full »

My child's WBC count remains high even under antibiotics. What is wrong with him?
Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year son is ill for past two weeks. Initially it was diagnosed as viral infection due to season change. He was given fever and cold medicine (Asthaline). Fever was mostly between 100-101 degree F.  He had occasional cough may be five times a day. He had the medicine for 5 days but t...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has definitely got bacterial infection. From your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) the reasons are as follows. His initial CRP (C-reactive protein) was 17.3 which has came down to 10.3. CRP is an acute phase reactant which indic...  Read Full »

I get frequent pus-filled pimples in my underarms and the groin area. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, From the past 2 to 3 years, I frequently get pus-filled pimples. I consulted two different doctors, who told it is probably a gland infection. They suggested medicines for months. When I take the medicines, I do not get any pimples, but they come back as soon as I stop taking them. Fro...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Folliculitis or acne is basically bacterial infection affecting the sebaceous glands. Please send good quality images and revert. What medications were prescribed in the past? I suggest you try applying T-Bact cream (Mupirocin) twice daily. Revert with more information to...  Read Full »

How do we get flu?
Query: Hi doctor, Why do we always have runny nose when we catch flu or cold? How do we get flu? I have headache and fever for almost a week. My tongue is sometimes white and lymph is a bit painful to touch but not swollen. Are these the symptoms of flu?  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com When we get viral or bacterial infection in the nasal tract (upper respiratory tract- nose to throat), the local mucus membrane gets irritated. It leads to more secretion from mucus membrane and that leads to running nose. The fluid is secreted to eliminate the bacteria or...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Bacterial Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.