Benefits Of Breastfeeding

Related Terms: Breast Milk, Importance Of Breastfeeding, Breast Feeding, Food For Baby, Baby Care, Benefits Of Fruits, Formula Feeding

Benefits of Breastfeeding and a Few Tips to New Mothers
Article Overview: There are so many misconceptions about breastfeeding, so here are some tips for the new mothers.  Read Article »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Lactation Counselor

Breastfeeding is the most beautiful thing for the mother and the baby in humans, just as for all mammals. There are so many misconceptions about breastfeeding and always a new mother will be in a confused state regarding breastfeeding. Here are some tips for the new mothers. When Should One St ...  Read Article »

One Single Food for a Newborn's Complete Needs
Article Overview: A complete guide to wellness and health benefits of breastfeeding your little loved one. It is a unique bond of affection, love and care that leaves positive impact on the baby's life forever.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Paediatrician

Mother's breast milk is a complete diet for the newborn that suffices all the needs of the baby for the start of a healthy life. Breast milk is: Easily digestible and is a completely nutritive, having all the necessary nutrients. Full of immunoglobulin (to save the baby from disease causing ...  Read Article »

Can I breastfeed baby after three hours of smoking?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a breast-feeding woman. I used to be a smoker before I got pregnant. I am really stressed out. If I have one and wait three hours before feeding, will it be fine?  Read Full »
Dr. Galen Harnden
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would recommend trying to quit entirely. Cigarette exposure in infants increases the risk for several problems, including asthma, SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome), eczema, and many more. There are several options to help quit, including nicotine patches, gum, and e...  Read Full »

Oral Health in Breastfed Babies
Article Overview: Breastfeeding is considered one of the oldest traditions in the world which saves hundreds of children’s lives. In this article, we will see how breastfeeding influences the oral cavity in many ways along with the benefits for the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Pedodontist

Firstly, let us know how breastfeeding is classified according to the World Health Organisation (WHO): Exclusive breastfeeding - where the baby is fed only the mother’s breast milk and no other food for the first six months of life. However, the baby can also be given oral rehydration drops ...  Read Article »

How to know whether your breast milk is sufficient for the baby?
Article Overview: Breast milk is a nature's gift to provide the entire nutrition required for a newborn. In this article, I have highlighted the importance of breastfeeding, a few breastfeeding tips and advise to breastfeeding mothers. I have also explained the ways to understand if the breast milk is sufficient for your baby.  Read Article »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Lactation Counselor

Breast milk is the nutrition which nature has provided and is packed with all that is required for your baby till 6 months of age. Importance of Breastfeeding: A new born healthy baby has to be started on exclusive breastfeeding as early as possible after birth and continued till 6 months of age ...  Read Article »

Why is 2 months old baby having decreased urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having two months old baby. Since two days I am observing that his diapers are not wet and heavy as they used to be. So I checked his urine output by laying him down without a diaper for five hours and fed him twice with two and a half hours gap between each feed. He peed thrice aft...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern for your baby. Your baby should urinate 6 to 8 times per day. As you have told that the baby peed after feeds, this seems absolutely normal. You may just keep a track on total 24 hours urine. Should be 6 to 8 times in a day. Reducing feed am...  Read Full »

Baby is not liking any formula. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, Absolutely nothing is wrong with my baby. We went to the hospital and nothing is wrong. It is just that she is seven months and she has been eating foods. So now she does not like how her formula taste. We have tried every brand and every kind of formula and she just does not want it ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Parmar
Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just got your concern. Relax. I am here to help you. Follow advice. Just give her some time to accept the taste of the new formula. Do not rush to introduce many things at a time. By offering multiple tastes at the time you are confusing her so she is frustrated. Giv...  Read Full »

Can reduced feeding help cure 'pain while passing motions' in an infant?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one month old. Her birth weight was 3.6 kg. After 15 days, she weighed 3.8 and then later she weighed 4.2 kg. Now, her current weight is 4.35 kg. She seems to pass drop by drop motion of about 15 to 20 times a day and she has some sharp pain followed by some intermitten...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the lab reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need not worry. This is common in children of this age group. You need not reduce the amount of feeding nor you have to start any other medication. The report is also fin...  Read Full »

Newborn is urinating frequently. Is breastfeeding enough for him?
Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 weeks old. He is frequently urinating but slow weight gain. Is my breastfeeding enough for him or not?  Read Full »
Dr. Kausalya
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent urination is because of more of foremilk feeding. Poor weight gain due to hindmilk deficiency. Hindmilk is rich in fat which helps in baby's weight gain. Foremilk contains more of water which makes the baby pass urine frequently. Your feeding has to be assessed...  Read Full »

My 7 months old baby passes loose stools 5 to 6 times a day. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 7 months and 10 days old and initially, he was suffering from a runny nose, two weeks back. This week, he has loose motions, and he passes stools 5 to 6 times a day. We consulted a doctor, who gave him Sporlac and Zinc dry powder suspension. He is now pooping 2 to 3 times out ...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation you are in. Loose motions once started in a child might take at least 7 to 10 days to subside. Passing two to three loose stools per day is not a big issue until your child is active, taking feeds well, and passing urine adequately. So continue...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Benefits Of Breastfeeding? We have medical experts to help you right away.