Benefits Of Fruits

Related Terms: Benefits Of Exercises, High Fibre Diet, Diet And Lifestyle, Lifestyle Modification, Exercises, Reduce Weight, Highly Nutritive Food

Health Benefits of Tart Cherries
Article Overview: Have you ever heard of tart cherries? They are bright red in color and sour in taste and have innumerable health benefits. You can even consume the juice of tart cherries. The various health benefits of tart cherries are listed below.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Preventive Medicine Physician

Have you ever heard of tart cherries? They are bright red in color and sour in taste and have innumerable health benefits. You can even consume the juice of tart cherries. The various health benefits of tart cherries are as follows. 1) Prevent and Treat Gout: You may be wondering as to how can tar ...  Read Article »

What diet can be followed to help lower cholesterol?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a high borderline cholesterol. Can you suggest me a diet chart? I have attached reports herewith.  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Wadi
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your weight is on the higher side that is one of the reasons for high cholesterol. Here are a few nutritional tips: Stop consuming packed and processed foods like bakery and co...  Read Full »

My daughter goes for potty once in three days. Should I worry?
Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 22 months old. She weighs about 16 kg and she goes for potty with a gap of three days. Is there anything to worry? Moreover, her potty is very very hard to come, I can feel the pain during her potty. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assume your daughter's age is 22 months. May I suggest. The child is getting less fiber. Water intake may be less. Not to worry, but her food and dietary habits need to change. Give her more of a homemade diet, like vegetables, and soups more option. Water int...  Read Full »

4 Ways in Which Kids Can Stay Healthy This Rainy Season
Article Overview: Rains do bring happiness and joy amongst all of us, especially among children who love to make paper boats and sail them in the water. The respite from the scorching heat brings relief to everyone. But, along with all the joy, rains also bring some health issues such as food poisoning, diarrhea, cold, cough, fever, allergies and various infections caused by various bacteria and viruses. Hence, it becomes necessary to improve the kid’s immunity and protect them from infections, especially cold, fever and diarrhea.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following are four ways in which kids can stay healthy this monsoon. Encourage Your Child to Drink Boiled Water It is very important for kids to consume boiled water or filtered water. If the child drinks unfiltered water, the kid is very likely to get water-borne diseases like cholera, diarrhea,and ...  Read Article »

What diet can a chronic kidney disease patient follow?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67-year-old male with a weight 65 kg and height of 171 cm. I have been suffering from chronic kidney disease and post PTCA care for 17 years. I was diagnosed 15 months back with serum creatinine to be around 5 and am on medications for 15 months. I am a non-diabetic. In the la...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Your reports are fine. Albumin is good that shows that your nutritional status is fine. Potassium is low that accounts for generalized weakness. So now decrease your food restricti...  Read Full »

What types of foods can be given to aid my little son eat properly?
Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old son weighs 14 kg and does not take his food properly. He has mild constipation. I would like to know what type of food does he need? Please suggest if he needs vitamin supplements.  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is underweight by just 2 kg. You should try giving different food items and try new recipes. All kids are fussy eaters. We should put our maximum effort to make them eat. You can give multivitamin syrup like Visyneral Z Syrup (vitamin ...  Read Full »

Is it harmful to take constipation medicines for a long time?
Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Anuloma DS from the last six months with tablet Pylapy. I take it every day. Even if I miss it once, I do not get motion. Is it harmful to take it for a long time? Another problem I am facing is an irregular time of motions. It may be any time before noon. So, I cannot go ...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. As your basic problem is constipation, the regular intake of any medicine will make your intestine dependent on it. Currently, your bowel is dependent on the medicines. So, try to take this tablet every alternate day and then try to stop it slowly. ...  Read Full »

Kindly advise about the food that can be given to my 6 months old baby.
Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is six months old. We have been only breastfeeding her and giving finger millet as a paste. What more should we give? We are confused and want to stay with natural food as much as possible. Kindly advise about the food that can be given. In the case of rice, should we boil and g...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As your baby has completed six months, you should start complementary feeds. Complementary feeds should be a balanced diet means it should have all the essential nutrients that are, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Feeds ...  Read Full »

Is it true that fruits cause acidity?
Query: Hi doctor, After consultation and analyzing Lactulose and MiraLax, I came to the conclusion that fruits are a very good natural regulator of digestion. It turned out that fruits were really the solution to my problem. I have now almost 100% perfect control over digestion and live very happily. I hav...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fruits are not going to harm you. Definitely, excess of everything is bad, but we have to compare harmful effects of fruits and laxatives that you were taking previously. If we compare, then definitely fruits are much safer for your problem. The only thing that I would l...  Read Full »

My kid has constipation issues from the last three months. What might help her?
Query: Hello doctor, My kid is 1 year old. Since the last three to four months, she has constipation issues. Her doctor prescribed her a medicine which worked for a while. But, now she again has it.  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Transient constipation in a 1 year old child improves with diet modification. Most of the medications used to treat constipation treat the acute phase and are for symptomatic relief. You should include more roughage in her diet like fruits and vegetables. Avoid giving...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Benefits Of Fruits? We have medical experts to help you right away.