Beta Hcg

Related Terms: Unprotected Sex, Pregnancy Test, Ectopic Pregnancy, I-pill, Urine Pregnancy Test, Beta-hcg Level, Emergency Contraceptive Pill

Query: Hello doctor,I had my beta hCG done yesterday. It came as 2.00. I had sex recently. Eight months ago, when I had done the same test, my beta hCG was less than 0.1. Why this increase from 0.1 to 2? Is it because I can be pregnant and the hCG is increasing gradually? Or there are other reasons as well...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A beta hCG level which is increased indicates a possibility of pregnancy. You need to do a USG scan to look for evidence of fetus in the uterus. Also, you need to repeat a beta hCG level after a week from the date of first test increasing levels definitely are signif...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My LMP was on the 8th of last month. I missed my period this month. I have done a home pregnancy test on the 10th of this month, and I have seen a faint line which was confusing. So, I took a beta hCG blood test and got the result as 54.50 mlU/mL. Could you ple...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understood your concern. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pregnancy is definitely there. However, I will suggest you get a repeat beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test after 48 ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she has PCOD. We are trying to get a baby since 2 years. We had done an IUI which failed. We did IVF, but it ended with chemical pregnancy. On April 8th 2015, our doctor did Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). He transferred 2 embryos on that day. We got positive ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal hCG levels in a singleton pregnancy is as follows: At 4-5 weeks the HCG level ranges between 200-7000. At 5-6 weeks the HCG level ranges between 200-32,000. At 6-8 weeks the HCG level ranges between 4,000-150,000. In a twin pregnancy, the levels are 30% ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »
Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you can say, the normal beta hCG level is less than 5. So, you should wait for two days and repeat the test.You should do ultrasound pelvis, but after beta hCG report is available.Revert after two days with the report to an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> htt...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had my last period a month ago. I had an unprotected sexual intercourse with my partner three days later that is on the third day of my last period. But, he did not ejaculate inside me. Typically, my period lasts for two to three days only. He did not use any protection nor did I ta...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any reason for you to worry. Usually, the ovulation occurs between the 13th and 16th day of periods. Life of the egg is 24 hours and that of the sperm is 72 hours. So there is no chance of the egg being available for three days and sperm will not survi...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question related to my sister. She has missed her period, and when we consulted her doctor, he suggested BHCG level. Initially, it was 226 and on repeating it was 246. She is feeling weak and suffering from some bleeding. She had her last period before two months.  Read Full »
Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a positive test for pregnancy. But, beta-hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) level doubles every 48 hours if everything is fine. In this case, hCG levels have increased, but not got doubled. Please repeat her beta-hCG and let me know the report. It could be either ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's period has been delayed for five days. Yesterday we took beta hCG test. The laboratory report says 500 mIU/mL, but they were not sure due to the technical problem. So, they sent the sample to another laboratory, and the result was 0.100. Even our doctor is confused now. Please h...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) more than 100 mIU/mL means your pregnant. Please repeat your beta hCG again in a different laboratory. Because two laboratories have given completely different values and in this situation, it becomes tough as to which value to rely...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old dental surgeon with no past or present health issues and I am trying to conceive. I have a regular cycle of 28 days and I have consulted a gynaecologist before who has put me on Clomid for three months. I have also taken all the required fertility tests which show n...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) result is also negative it definitely indicates you have not got pregnant in this cycle. The symptoms you have mentioned could also be possible because of the progesterone hormone secretion in the postovulatory...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I conceived with the help of frozen embryo transfer, which was done the 26th of last month. My last menstrual period was on the seventh of last month. My beta hCG was 494 on seventh of this month, it was 886 on the ninth, and it was 2875 on the 12th. A few days back, I started mild spo...  Read Full »
Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your beta hCG is increasing normally. There is no need to worry. Ovidac (human chorionic gonadotropin) will not interfere with the natural increase of beta hCG. If there were chances of miscarriage, then even after taking Ovidac injections, beta hCG would have decreased ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I started a new birth control pill and I bled nearly about 20 days or more. This month I was really late. But, my boobs were extremely sore. I am extremely sexually active with my boyfriend. Then, I bled heavily for a few days with clots and the pain was so extreme. I had naus...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels are below 100 and are not rising, then there is no chance of pregnancy. However, these symptoms could be because of stress, strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate or hormonal changes due to...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Beta Hcg? We have medical experts to help you right away.